CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

XreliC: Get rid of those path changes you made and use the path.ini that came with the download. If you're using XBMC this is all you need to do:

1. Turn on your XBOX and wait until you XBMC boots. You'll see Videos, Music, Progams, Settings, Weather, etc... on the left hand side. If you do not see "Programs" you'll have to add it to your home screen by going to Settings -> Skin Settings -> Home windows -> and enabling "Show programs in main menu" then drop back to the home screen by pressing B two times.

2. Select "Programs"

3. Select "Add source"

4. Select "Browse" and type in the path to your CoinOPS directory. In XreliC's case "E:\Programs\Coin OPS Epic\" but without the quotes.

5. Enter a name for this media Source. That can be whatever you'd like. e.g. "CoinOPS"

6. Select "OK"

7. You'll drop back to the "Programs" folder and you'll see the source name that you just added. For this example we used "CoinOPS"

8. Select the folder and you'll here the XBOX hard drive chugging and XMBC will pause for a few seconds while it scans the directory for "default.xbe"

9. Once it's done scanning you'll see the red CoinOPS icon titled "CoinOPS EPIC R2".

10. Press A on CoinOPS EPIC R2 and it will launch.

You don't need to create any shortcuts to do this. If you have them, delete them.

Edit: Updated some spelling :D

Thanks for the step by step Annihilitor this way I know I followed the correct instillation procedure. Sometimes when you look at something for so long you are not sure where you are at. I actually was to this point about a week ago. I know now I have the correct red CoinOPS icon.

A little history of my journey:

My first install was CoinOPS Ignite R5 followed the install instructions tried to start the application and it would not run. (Blank Screen after The CoinOPS default.xbe icon was clicked) I thought that i would look for a newer version and maybe I had a incomplete version that was causing me problems.

Next came CoinOPS reignite X with the same result (Blank Screen after The CoinOPS default.xbe icon was clicked)

Now I have CoinOPS Epic R2 all previous versions of CoinOPS that I installed have been removed and it seems by the above quote that I have it correctly installed CoinOPS Epic R2 and I am correctly trying to launch it. this also has the same result (Blank Screen after The CoinOPS default.xbe icon was clicked)

I have clicked the icon and let it sit for 1/2 hour waiting for something to start up with no response.

(.)(.) I can't find the program setting you are referring to maybe I have too old a version of XBMC.

Maybe its time to start over if so? Could you tell me how step by step.

Thank you all for your patience I really appreciate it :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you try going into your xbox file exporer and then going to the default.xbe of coinops and hitting the A button on your controller to see if it will boot up that way.

also make sure you have deleted any old coinops gamesaves in the U and T data folders in your E drive.thay are called Babe.....

acdsee convert or batch convert file type to png is defaulted to 24 bit :D

what are the games?

Ok thanx mate, ill take a look at that.

GBA_Connect4PerfectionTrouble=Puzzler

GBA_WhoWantstoBeaMillionaireI=Puzzler

GBA_WhoWantstoBeaMillionaireII=Puzzler

MDRIVE_32xSpiderManWebofFire=Beat Em Up

MDRIVE_SonicJamIV=Action Sidescroller

MDRIVE_SpotGoesToHollywood=Action Sidescroller

N64_InternationalTrackAndField=Sports

N64_LegoRacers=Driving

N64_LooneyTunesDuckDodgers=Action 3D

N64_MarioParty=Puzzler

N64_MickeysSpeedwayUSA=Driving

N64_ScoobyDoo=Action 3D

N64_SnowboardKids2=Sports

N64_SuperSmashBros=Action

N64_YoshisStory=Action Sidescroller

NES_Somari=Action Sidescroller

NES_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesIII=Beat Em Up

I notice that that SNES and GBA can only use one of either Toggle stick or D-pad where as the other cores use them both at the same time by default. Its no biggie but anyway you can fix this?

Thanks again.

Edited by leema123

did you try going into your xbox file exporer and then going to the default.xbe of coinops and hitting the A button on your controller to see if it will boot up that way.

also make sure you have deleted any old coinops gamesaves in the U and T data folders in your E drive.thay are called Babe.....

Cleaned the U & T data folders of all saves. Didn't find any saves by that name I believe none are created because the CoinOPS never loads

4.5gigs of free space on the drive containing CoinOPS

Tried launching as you suggested with the same result.

The only way to get out of the blank screen is to cycle power on the Xbox or open the CD drive tray

Can you launch any other applications besides CoinOPS? If so, how do you do it? What version of XBMC are you using?

Only application I have is CoinOPS

XBMC Revision 17820

Originally had EvoX 3935 as my dash and I couldn't get CoinOPS inferno R5 to start using EvoX as a dash however I had XBMC installed as a Program before I made it my dashboard and it started fine.

If you have suggestion for a small program to load and try I sure would.

You really need to update XBMC to the latest build first. Yours is very much out of date. Latest: http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=XBOX

Here is an emulator Surreal64 CE 5.4 which is the latest N64 emulator. It's about 25 MB. Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3R8TGFJ3

I would install XBMC first then try both CoinOPS and Surreal64. Of course you can try Surreal64 before you update XBMC but it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Edit: Also, make sure you're using only the files you extracted from the rar's. No modified files like the path.ini

Edited by Annihilitor

You really need to update XBMC to the latest build first. Yours is very much out of date. Latest: http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=NSAC&AR=XBOX

Here is an emulator Surreal64 CE 5.4 which is the latest N64 emulator. It's about 25 MB. Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3R8TGFJ3

I would install XBMC first then try both CoinOPS and Surreal64. Of course you can try Surreal64 before you update XBMC but it wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Edit: Also, make sure you're using only the files you extracted from the rar's. No modified files like the path.ini

Ok Thanks :D I will give this a try when I get time.

ill be finishing off on Consoles soon and do the same to FBA and N64

its seems alot are new or changing over to CoinOPS now....so many new people so many old questions reasked....

welcome please read the FAQ and readme and list of buttons as some questions are answered in there that have been asked (eg arcade save states)