CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the standalone version somewhere.

So far, here's what I've seen.

I cannot get Killer Instinct 1 or 2 to work at all, though they will show up in the ROM list. I properly followed your procedure to put the pointer zip files into the Roms directory and rescan. Screen goes black and my fan kicks in high and it stays like that if I attempt to launch them. Launching the KI1.xbe and KI2.xbe in the Coinops root results in the same thing. I've got the disc image files unzipped and sitting in the KI1 and KI2 directories in the Coinops root folder. They were pulled from my working version of ki-xxx.

My copy of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike hasn't worked yet, but I'm going to guess it's because it has to be setup like the rest of the Xbox games so I'll try that a little bit later.

I remapped the controls for the Mortal Kombat games to better match their console versions (SNES, PS1, etc). This maps them to the following:

X - High Punch

A - Low Punch

Y - High Kick

B - Low Kick

L trigger - Run for MK games that use it, block for others

R trigger - Block

I also remapped NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE to match their console versions as well:

X/Y - Shoot

A/B - Pass

L/R - Turbo

I'm also planning on remapping all the Street Fighter-related games to match their console controls:

X - Jab (light punch)

Y - Strong (medium punch)

L trigger - Fierce (hard punch)

A - Short (light kick)

B - Forward (medium kick)

R trigger - Roundhouse (hard kick)

If there's anyone that wants these updated configuration files, or if BP wants to include them in a future update, just say the word and I'll post a zip for you to grab.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with what you've done here. Great job, BP. Thank you, and I might be interested in helping you out if you'll have me. I was working on a similar sort of set up for PS3 Linux until recently. Too bad PS3 Linux didn't have the same performance as the Xbox thanks to various issues with how Sony implemented it.

OK this is rolling out fast.....it will take a while for people to get there heads around that anything can run but alot of it needs to be setup correctly...I can tell you ive got a massive list of stuff done now all working and all tested....

I need to know who wants to be the team to help produce a new massive Arcade Console and Handheld pack...at present ive done 2300 games

It will be a best of and help everyone have a one download all done best of collection for there xbox...I have a few extra features planned for this as well and also if needs stuff can be fixed or added....

If someone wants to be incharge of it I will come and help them out....and oversea it a bit but that will free me up to do the fixes and add new stuff....if so they need to create a thread ill support it and I need to know I someone will keep a list of stuff as after the 100th post I sometimes dont remember stuff thats easy to add....it just needs a controlled list from all the inputs that come in for feature suggestions...games...and fixes...right now its an uncontrolled lot of stuff that I do what I can when I remember

zerojay....sure ill give you my MSN....do you have the full pack ShowROOM? if not that has street fighter 3 etc all setup and ready to do

Yeah, I do have the full ShowROOM. I guess my mistake here was that I was moving everything from my old install of ShowROOM (the roms and everything) into the standalone Inferno instead of replacing them. I'll try that and let you know.

OK this is rolling out fast.....it will take a while for people to get there heads around that anything can run but alot of it needs to be setup correctly...I can tell you ive got a massive list of stuff done now all working and all tested....

I need to know who wants to be the team to help produce a new massive Arcade Console and Handheld pack...at present ive done 2300 games

It will be a best of and help everyone have a one download all done best of collection for there xbox...I have a few extra features planned for this as well and also if needs stuff can be fixed or added....

If someone wants to be incharge of it I will come and help them out....and oversea it a bit but that will free me up to do the fixes and add new stuff....if so they need to create a thread ill support it and I need to know I someone will keep a list of stuff as after the 100th post I sometimes dont remember stuff thats easy to add....it just needs a controlled list from all the inputs that come in for feature suggestions...games...and fixes...right now its an uncontrolled lot of stuff that I do what I can when I remember

I want to help you but my technical acquaintances are equal to zero therefore can only make things truly simple :)

My problem with Third Strike was actually a broken cache problem. Once I deleted the files in e:\CACHE\, it was back to working again, both alone and within Coinops.

BP, I'll send you my configs sometime this weekend once I've got them all set up for multiple players as well.

Excellent!! Glad to hear you have completed Inferno!! I will look around for it, but if there is a link anyone can send to me that would be nice also :)

I would definitely be interested in doing some game testing for GamesROOM if that is what you are looking for also.