CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

hide console option isnt availble....I dont like hidding stuff as people dont generally work out how to find it....

Why not put the option under the normally-hidden Advanced Options? If someone toggles showing non-arcade stuff off...they know where the option is...since -they- toggled it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bash, I use a modified X-Arcade. If you can, swap out the sticks with Mag Stick Plus - which can switch between 4 and 8-way controls on the fly. You do need to change the default 'switches' to be more sensitive in my opinion. More on that here: http://www.togeo.com/togeo/wordpress/?p=67

If you just ask the guy who sells them to replace the default ones, he will. Just point him to that article and he'll know what your talking about.

Sorry Phil, thanks for the advise but I think I need a pad/convertor solution. Original Xbox and S pads are no good for beat em ups, the dpads are terrible. I think I'll have to use PS2 adapters instead :)

Anyone wanna get rid of some cheap?

If you use a pad converter dont get a cheapo model, the delay is amost a second and thats a lot on a beat em up....

PM' you

Bash, I use a modified X-Arcade. If you can, swap out the sticks with Mag Stick Plus - which can switch between 4 and 8-way controls on the fly. You do need to change the default 'switches' to be more sensitive in my opinion. More on that here: http://www.togeo.com/togeo/wordpress/?p=67

If you just ask the guy who sells them to replace the default ones, he will. Just point him to that article and he'll know what your talking about.

Sorry Phil, thanks for the advise but I think I need a pad/convertor solution. Original Xbox and S pads are no good for beat em ups, the dpads are terrible. I think I'll have to use PS2 adapters instead :)

Anyone wanna get rid of some cheap?

If you use a pad converter dont get a cheapo model, the delay is amost a second and thats a lot on a beat em up....

PM' you

Thanks Ace, PMed you back :) which is the best convertor to get? they all look the same to me :S

Why not put the option under the normally-hidden Advanced Options? If someone toggles showing non-arcade stuff off...they know where the option is...since -they- toggled it.

This. Considering most options reside in the "Advanced Options" menu anyways and you have to enable/disable that, why not put an option to hide console/handheld/arcade roms in the "Advanced Options"? People that are going out of their way to find this option will know how to find it again just like we all do with all of the advanced options. I think the option to hide roms from the browser should be more specific though. Like you can go through the games and tag the ones you want visible or the ones you want hidden and then have the option to enable hiding of games or not. Maybe this seems more viable than unlocking CoinOPS :)

@ Bash, ill look into it for you, I checked Devinio but they dont sell em anymore... I remember coming across an artical last year or the year before so ill see if I can locate it again, it compared them all and gave timings for button presses etc

Ripped Bloody Raw 2 from my collection for PSX, has a quick game in CoinOPS and seems to play really well...

I also ripped Soulblade but aint tested it yet... more info tomorrow :)

Bigby's video is not fake and is not an older build. I have my own possible idea for getting round the 'lock' that is different to how Bigby has achieved it, so I'll test that shortly just for the fun of it. Thanks to everyone who uploaded the standalone for me, I have it now. :)

Bigby's video is not fake and is not an older build. I have my own possible idea for getting round the 'lock' that is different to how Bigby has achieved it, so I'll test that shortly just for the fun of it. Thanks to everyone who uploaded the standalone for me, I have it now. :)

Confirmed. I've now also managed to get around the 'lock' using my own method. No special build is required, CoinOPS can be used with just arcade games and no consoles. I expected something a little more difficult to be honest. :)

Hi, I been testing CoinOps 2 and is really cool !!

Thanks a lot BP!

I miss some games but I dont know if possible with coinOps, for example :

I miss really cool MSDos games like Rayman, Jazz Jackrabbit, Alone in the dark...

Amiga CD32: Jetstrike a classic game

And I miss:

More psx games like Resident Evils, Dino Crisis, Silent Hill...

More N64 games: The Next Tetris IS THE BEST TETRIS EVER MADE !!! and for 4 players !

Thanks a lot for your work and still with the coinOps project !!

Bye.

no worries the packs will add alot soon (PS Nintendo 64 is getting a large overhaul into CoinOPS standards now and is pretty much done...this includes updates to the core...HD automatic support...easykeymap and save states).....

to those about locks unless you can reverse engine it....it knows the crcs of xbe and also some of bits and what they should be....it will scramble stuff if altered over time.....2.1 will see this become very apparewnt instantly for you guys....so if you download there stuff it will cause you issues in the furture.....and they will get bigger over time....

there will be no more talk about the locks my side.....I know whats behind the code and I know the results you are going to have...its just a matter time lol ...... newbes adding one lock is newbe stuff....spreading the locks with diff results is what was needed....

I WILL GIVE PEOPLE ONE LAST WARNING IF YOU USE STUFF WITH LOCKS REMOVED....IT MAY CAUSE YOU SERIOUS ISSUES IN FUTURE!!!!!WARNING trust me about it or dont....no more will said and you can quote me on this as a I told you so....(cheap hacks are easy to do but wont give you the features of new stuff for CoinOPS 2)

you can select what games to show and hide with the favorites....then press black and it toggles all shown....only selected games show...to add to that you can turn on to add a cutom selected list (that can be adjusted by the user in romstatus.xml) to add to the favs.....all times classics and All time classics+hot