My 360

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah haaaaa... though it was Neo Geo. This angle is a bit too extreme... but I remembered I did see buttons, back in the day, configured similarly to what I am thinking. This here of course is something more current.

snk-neo-geo-fighting-stick.jpg

I want my buttons somewhere around 20 to 35 degrees. Hmmmm a turnable button base...

I was gonna say what you drew was basically the NeoGeo pad. A lot of people love that pad. Too big and rectagluar for my liking, but the stick is supposed to be really good.

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked up the Turtle Beach Earforce X31

Picked them up for $90 on sale at Best Buy. Well... I read reviews about it, someone said it was worth it if you don't mind it's flimsiness. I know now what they mean... the parts are hollow plastic and thin. For $100 I did indeed expect something more substantial.

Functionwise I have yet to fully test them, as I only played one game... which is louder than most. I want to see if i notice the fuzz sound when I play at a louder volume. Anyway... you can hear detail much better as the stereo is right in your headpiece... (skull) So its much easier noticing small things like approaching footsteps and things like that. You actually notice stereo effects that you may not through regular stereo. I don't have surround sound... so there isnt any loss here. They have X41 which is ridiculous... there are multiple speakers for full surround from mere headphones... Quite awesome, but I didn't want to drop $200 on some headphones... ya know.

I wont complain about the fabric used on the headphones... but I wish it was that soft leather stuff they used for the saddle. Bose uses something like that... but I wonder if they decided on that cause of sweat issues or something. I can definitely see how they make their profit. Great sound but less than perfect construction.

Well they have great sound so far, but until I fully test them... I won't stand by that yet. Although everyone raves about them. Im sure their great, I just wanna see for myself.

This thread quickly turned into the Martha Stewart Show on arcade sticks.

hahahahahahaha :angry:

Thats quite alright. But the actual shape of the box is similar to what I want to build. 45 degree edges where the arms touch the box.

Anyway, I played some games with my new X31. I like it. I could write a review about it... but suffice to say it gets the job done.

Ah haaaaa... though it was Neo Geo. This angle is a bit too extreme... but I remembered I did see buttons, back in the day, configured similarly to what I am thinking. This here of course is something more current.

snk-neo-geo-fighting-stick.jpg

I want my buttons somewhere around 20 to 35 degrees. Hmmmm a turnable button base...

AES stick is my Gospel

i think there is a ps2 to 360 converter i could get, i think that might be my choice to play tekken once it comes out, if thats cheaper than a stick