--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK sorry I placed gpstar in vm by mistake. The real name is f1gpstar, as mine works fine here i didn't see that my change had no effect (made it for you). When testing a lot of games at the same moment, it's sometimes good to reboot the XBox (to reset ram & cache). Sorry again for the small waste of time.

Hi,

A poster on the Retro Gamer forum tipped me off to the existence of Coinop Ignite - this is an amazing mame implementation, really impressive.

I have a few problems, however. I have Ignite installed on a 1.6 xbox with 160gb hard disk and Xecutor chip. I have a romset of roughly 1000 titles, most of those which I've tried (about 2 dozen) load up without problems.

Yesterday I tried to run Asteroids, which locked up the system. I loaded Asteroids deluxe, which ran (although it only took up a quarter of the screen). Star Wars wouldn't run either, but Empire Strikes Back is fine. So far only vector titles are crashing the system.

I've just recalled that I can boot the xbox with an alternate bios (currently it's running an Xecutor bios, but I have an Evox m8 image loaded as well), so I'll try this later (Halo 2 has problems with disk access when using the Evox M8, regardless of whether the game is run from hard disk or the original dvd).

I have another xbox (1.4 with unknown chip - probably aladin) also with 160gb hard disk; I'll try Ignite on that soon.

I don't have a 720p setup, so this is output in 480i via rgb.

Does anyone know anything about these problems? I've searched the thread but the search engine returns no results for 'asteroids' or 'star wars'.

Edited by retromancer

there is a guy here called hellsfury who is testing roms and star wars wasnt reported as having a problem,maybe you should try downloading the star wars rom from your favourite romsite as maybe its just a couple of the roms.

there is a guy here called hellsfury who is testing roms and star wars wasnt reported as having a problem,maybe you should try downloading the star wars rom from your favourite romsite as maybe its just a couple of the roms.

Thanks, I'll give that a try - it's Asteroids and Star Wars so far. Do I have to use a rom from the 0.84 romset?

Edited by retromancer

Thanks, I'll give that a try - it's Asteroids and Star Wars so far. Do I have to use a rom from the 0.84 romset?

star wars and asteroids are roms that never really got updated much so you should be ok so no you shouldnt need the 0.84 versions.

just use local friendly romsite.

star wars and asteroids are roms that never really got updated much so you should be ok so no you shouldnt need the 0.84 versions.

I'll grab a rom out of one of my other sets and give it a go; I'll post back with my findings,

Cheers.

I'll grab a rom out of one of my other sets and give it a go; I'll post back with my findings,

Cheers.

Before trying anything with the bios etc I booted the machine as soon as I got in from work; Asteriods, Asteroids Deluxe and Star Wars now all work perfectly. I suspect that there was some memory leak from previous games I'd played during the session when those three failed. When the machine locked up I hit the eject button to force the xbox to reload xbmc, and assumed that was as good as a full power-down. I hadn't tried a complete cold start.

I'm trying to reproduce the problem by loading up as many of the games that I recall trying yesterday, and trying asteroids between each one (no luck so far; if it's a combination of them in a certain order then it's not going be be likely I'll ever reproduce it).

are you playing the emu with hd turned on or off in the settings?

edit/check and see if your vmm is on and if you are using a scart cable check and see if the 720phd mode is on.

if they are then turn off vmm and turn off 720p hd.im not saying it will make any difference but it might help if there is any memory leaks.