**** CoinOPS+ ****

BritneysPAIRS

its out any feedback welcome.... this is the most bug free version ive released with no screen tearing so games dont break up.. please report mislabled roms or mislabled manufactures... or keymap or games not operating correctly. The next version will be less front end GUI from now on and more backend perfection (eg fixing games adding games getting games with no sound to run with sound ) as the rom selection stuff works well. Any suggestions would be great though

StandAlone/Patch for CoinOPS

This will work as a standalone or as a patch for CoinOPS or CoinOPS 2nd Quarter

This is a total new backend to give me access to legacy issues like screen tearing and access to bad drivers like champion sprint (key mapping issues sorted now).

It is completely retested and remastered and tweaked allow mame to move forward and remove old issues that have been around for years.

Whats New?

- Fixed Screen Tearing THIS ROCKS I hated blacktiger robocop etc having screen tearing when scrolling

- Fixed small wrap around bug where it didnt update the list.

- Removed Rom Limit

- Completely reworded the backend and altered all the menus for easy of use and clutter removal.

- Tested all games from CoinOPS 2nd Quarter

- Built Dats for it

- Fixed SMB shares

- Added sort by Manfacturer

- Renamed EVERY Games name Manufacture and Year so they display neatly

- Fixed Boot progress Screen info

- Fixed "No good dump" and "Bad Dump" press any key to contiue errors.

Install

* Ok after you unrar this you will have a folder called CoinOPS+ inside that folder you

will see a folder called -SAVE inside that folder is two folders called UDATA and TDATA..

Ftp over the contents of them two folders to the UDATA and TDATA on the E drive on your

xbox.. For CoinOPS+ to work correctly this is required for it to boot.

* Ftp all the rest of the CoinOPS+ folder to the CoinOPS folder on your xbox hd or if your

using as a standalone just ftp it over to somewhere on your xbox hd.

* If CoinOPS+ does nothing but sit there on a black screen the contents of UDATA and TDATA Was

Not Ftp to your hard drive correctly.

Note: If using as a standalone you will need to add roms to the roms folder and screenshots to

the screenshot folder. (Dats included for building roms)

Good Luck, Enjoy!

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Install

* Ok after you unrar this you will have a folder called CoinOPS+ inside that folder you

will see a folder called -SAVE inside that folder is two folders called UDATE and TDATE..

Ftp over the contents of them two folders to the UDATE and TDATE on the E drive on your

xbox.. For CoinOPS+ to work correctly this is required for it to boot.

* Ftp all the rest of the CoinOPS+ folder to the CoinOPS folder on your xbox hd or if your

using as a standalone just ftp it over to somewhere on your xbox hd.

* If CoinOPS+ does nothing but sit there on a black screen the contents of UDATE and TDATE Was

Not Ftp to your hard drive correctly.

E/TDATA/ and E/UDATA.

:P

No luck either. Game freezes exactly at the same point of time after loading the roms. I did two things - at first copying over the new files to /F/Games/CoinOPS and of course deleting the old directories at /E/TDATA and /E/UDATA and copying over the new ones.

CoinOPS did some scans (various progress bar actions) and displayed the game selection menu. After selecting one game, i got the same behaviour as in final and 2nd quarter fix and patch.

Then, I deleted every file and folder at /F/Games/CoinOPS except for roms and screenshots and FTP'd CoinOPS+ over again. Again the same erroneous behaviour.

I think my problem isn't exactly related to the CoinOPS(+) frontend, but to the emulator executed afterwards.

Any help is greatly appreciated. BritneysPAIRS, I saw you reading my other thread yesterday. Maybe you can tell anything about my findings?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by landmark

strange but thats the first of bp releases that i havent been able to unrar on the xbox with unleashx file explorer.not that it matters anyway,just unrared it on the computer.but just in case anyone tries to unrar the files on the xbox,it was just to let you know.

favourite thing so far about this release,afterburner keymapped to the back triggers.now i can use the afterburners without having to use the right thumbstick.

doing some more testing later,good work as always bp. :P

will we be getting this on mininova ?

also as for the favourites staying yellow , i had the same thing with 2nd quarter until this patch was released on mininova

CoinOPS 2nd Quarter Patch Fix iND
after i installed that it worked fine

Thanks

turn off setting add Hot games or Add classic games to Favorites. One of them is on by default. Its a quick way of Adding 70 odd All time classics to favs or 250 odd Hot games (this will also add the All time classics)

Its a quick switch to add - remove a lot of games to or from the

If you turn off the add to favorite options and leave colorise top and classic gmes you will see the games I tagged as Allime classics as bright green and the games games as hot as darker green. It is a quick way to move alot of big games to favs....eg move hot will transfer 250 odd games over and then you have a filtered list of alot of great games. Saves alot of time for fast selecting

All Time Classics = stuff like Street Fighter 2, Defender, Pacman..... (70 odd games)

Hot Games = All time classics + EspRaid Rainbow Islands.....(250 odd games)

these can be colored or locked into your favs (if they are larger font you have turned them on as a fav if they are small and gold the option has moved them to favs)

Good luck when you get used to it you will like the quick control for massively adding games to your favs.... for this reason I turned it on by default so you would get to see it and use it :P. It is also why there isnt a classic catergory now as you can just turn classics on as favs in one click....

Edited by BritneysPAIRS