CoinOPS

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some roms ive been trying out bs.

asura blade(turn off sound and plays very well,reminds me of jo jos bizarre adventure on cpx3)

best bout boxing

world grand prix 2

f/a(yes that is the name).

avenging spirit

wonderboy in monsterland

burning rival

cosmic cop

bloody wolf

gates of doom

dan-ku-ga

all the best fam.

ill look into it in the next few days and give you results it will stay as start/back but ill see if I can make it configable to click in thumb instead as an option

Thanks. I also wanted to ask if it would be possible to have an option in the emulator menu that automatically gave the user unlimited quarters/credits for any game they selected. I know it only takes a pushing of the back button a few times to load up on credits but it would be even more simple to have an unlimited credits option for users to select in the menu where the pushing of the back button wouldnt be necessary.

OK the BETA is nearing the ready stage and the large part....the Games are nearly all up.

I require a few things now

1 ) A new thread created by someone with rom requests. I need a list pinned to the first topic with new games to add (the rom name eg SFA3). A list of Games which will play with no sound OK, also with MK3 or whatever. I will pop into the thread and give you one to delete or scrub at times after ive seen if they make the cut. Also a list of VMM games if they are on the list and settings will help as ill add them now including MK3u name.

2 ) Once the BETA is underway I need a Keymap list in a new thread where you can have your say on the same things with Keymaps. Also with faulty roms if any. I will also pop in and make comments and the runner withing a day or so should change the first pinned list. 1 and 2 would have been good for RX but I think its best Fam you do this.

3 ) A BETA tester will need to test every ROM as its not exactly synced with my build they should all boot but someone will need to check this, it takes about 4 hours and ill explain the fastest way its prob diff than you would do it :banghead: please PM if your Keen... one game is wrong just to test you :( as well it wont boot

Also Notes

I have had feed back from BETA testers all want a forced save.... Some want Rom adding / removing in some dont, I allow it now but with some restrictions most if any will notice the restrictions.

Settings is redone and and every menu is simplified as well as more newbe friendly.

The Patching interface is in so once you have the BETA the full will be less than 20 Megs wont matter how you do the patching none of them will confict just put on the latest at any time.

Also to Note alot of the screenshot I want to update some help here would be nice. Because of the new GUI vertical games you get the top part I want to crop alot of the pics so I know they are displaying the bit of the pic that best suits. High res screenshots would be good as well and also if its has a black score bar across the top or bottom im cropping them so it look smooth. Some help here before final would be good but if not ill be doing it. This patch will prob be 30 megs and will require all screenshots to be removed.

Thanks guys

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I added in unlimited credits once as I to had that idea...I removed it as some games play a tune when credits are added

by the fam 80percent of those games are allready in BETA for some reason avenging spirit isnt but ill look into that cause I remember it...best I leave new game requests till you test it theres alot of new stuff. Alot of games like gates of doom is in now just called wizards fire or something a few in your list have been in for years

This is new settings still might remove a few of those video settings, also might add a few of old ones there or new stuff that will be upto you guys....anyone got ideas on this stuff?

x.jpg

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

hi bs,

just a couple of things,do you want a new thread started right now,for rom requests.

also im presuming the keymapping thread is going to be started once the betas up and going,so people can comment on possible changes to controls.

id be happy enough to test the roms for you,geussing its just a case of making sure each rom loads up and playability on the actual games is good and dosent suffer any slowdown.

Edited by fumanchu

Yes they will start soon BETA is nearly up eg a few hours away now. Ill PM you some stuff

Also some good / Bad news the demand for it seems higher than I thought... So because its ready bar a few hours work ill put a stake in the sand... only allow a couple of tester to help me with screenshots and testing this week then make it live in the weekend.... Then ill start a thread to improve / patch in stuff for people. I have to put a stake in the ground or else it could go on for quite a while. So the new threads can start after release Fam you can if you want monitor it and ill pop in and release a patch from now and then...now that the base will be setup for it.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Yes they will start soon BETA is nearly up eg a few hours away now. Ill PM you some stuff

Also some good / Bad news the demand for it seems higher than I thought... So because its ready bar a few hours work ill put a stake in the sand... only allow a couple of tester to help me with screenshots and testing this week then make it live in the weekend.... Then ill start a thread to improve / patch in stuff for people. I have to put a stake in the ground or else it could go on for quite a while. So the new threads can start after release Fam you can if you want monitor it and ill pop in and release a patch from now and then...now that the base will be setup for it.

ok thats no problem bs,ill wait till coinops has been released and ill start the new threads.

im gonna be looking at some roms later on today anyway.

First BETA hooked up looks like it will go live on Friday a full version cross fingers...BETA is sort of canceled as Ill just make sure its ok with a couple of people and release it. Ill add options later if needed time to get it rolling out the door now that the road blocks are down

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

for filters,i use anstropic on my lcd,basically the default settings.i always find that some of the larger roms seem to slowdown or become a little jumpy gameplay wise.when you start messing about with all the different filters and scalers.

BP, out of "Anisotropic" and "Linear" filtering, which gives better performance?

My guess is that "Linear" filtering with a flicker filter set to "0" would (less computationaly expensive), is that correct?

Also, do the metal slug games have a touch of slowdown? or is that the way they are meant to be.