arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are fine there... the way you are doing things are correct it will of course unsync the builds but this is the correct way to do things

Yeah BP. I understand that the ".c" file drivers we have will be different, because there is no way we will be making all of the same changes, but does this effect how the build interracts with any of the dat files? I don't see how it could. If it does, could you tell me how?

Ok the process of transfer is starting any unorthorised grabing of stuff will be punished its only a few days I dont want what happened last time so ill be keeping my eyes open I dont want to have to lock it down

are you uploading a new build bp?

it wont work with arcades...but will do with any build you make no worries...

I would appreciate it if you told me why. I understand that it won't work with Arcades, but I want to know what datfiles I am effecting by making changes like this. What are the repercussions other than not being in sync with Arcades?

no other issues at all. Just out of sync with arcades

Good to know. Thanks BP.

I've pretty much solved my problems so far. I've figured out how to remap most games. And I've figured out how to edit the game title in the GUI on a source level.

Still having a huge problem here though. I can't seem to get the sort by Type/Genre to work in the GUI. For some reason the only options open to me are "Name", "Year", "ROM Status", "Manufacturer", "Parent ROM". Right now I am using your last skin for Arcades, but I plan to change the skin if I make a release of my own someday.

Any idea how I could fix this BP? It's probably a datafile that I'm missing. Maybe my catver is messed up?

24 hours time or so ill release a new thread. It will be alot tighter than this one (hint RX) with pics, no getting off the subject with the new thread or it will be cut as yes I need to get the build up and pin down a new direction of things...you will understand soon.

Basically it will be a total new disc....it is being built with a new feature of version controls (each new patch can be installed and wont need any patch before it eg if you get version 10 patch you wont need all the other 9 they will all beincluded in 10) each patch from now on can be less than 20megs id say and will be mainly bug fixs, skin tweaks and UI tweaks as the roms are starting to get bloated now. So you will need a new disc (maybe a new title but penciled in Arcades Plus at moment) the standard disc should rock and patchs only for die hards...but I am including patch tech for me to easily produce patchs that dont rely on getting all of them in sequence to work.

Sorry the release will be large but its a major overhaul of the rom package and also because of so many past builds I dont want them mixing up...so it will probably get a new save as well and a new folder so the 2 can run side by side if you wish although I dont know why you would do this.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

the skin wont work with the build your running sorry lots will be messed up id say.....maybe not id I would bet it probably is. Sort by cat is gone because the files arent synced

Sorry RX your build questions take way to much time.... I wish all the best with your build but I must get work done here and my interests dont really lye in teaching you developement work there is still alot of things you havent fixed that are fixed in arcades (at least 50 different things that needed fixing for certain stuff) and your build to me as I say im not interested in, if I was it would have been done by now. I have an hour or so a day to do this cause although you say I havent got a life....well you are just saying stuff that you really know little about or should I take your word for it.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

the skin wont work with the build your running sorry lots will be messed up id say.....maybe not id I would bet it probably is. Sort by cat is gone because the files arent synced

Sort by category had not worked since I first tried this source. It was the very first thing that I checked. So it didn't not-work because of anything that I did.

Maybe the source that you gave me was already changed enough that the sort by genre function doesn't work.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work though. The Category is derived from the catver, so no matter what changes I do to the source, I should be able to sort by the results from the catver.

Any ideas on how I can get it working on mine again? I'm assuming that it's something I have to change in the skin.ini.

Edited by ressurectionx

you are totally looking in the wrong area again I dont want to teach you how to develop I could fix it in 2 secs but I have allready done this..... it has to do with source vs other files fixing one will not fix it both must be synced. Like everything in mame any files arnt matched you will get errors. There are alot of other skin issues you have with that build right now if you look closer alot.... they will need to be fixed as well please dont ask me what they are I have fixed them and why do I have to do it all again for you all the time when its done and done years ago