arcades2.0/xbmc pimpedHD!

fumanchu

360 and ps3,as much as i would like to see those consoles cracked,think its gonna be lllllooooooooggggggg wait.

if you look around most forums then you will see most people dont play the type of games you want to put in.they wont boot up the old stuff.most games that people play are the popular stuff.they see a screenshot of dominoes or whatever you call it and just skip past it.

i cant speak for bs but i can see why he dosent want tobe associated with your release.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that somebody as egotistical as BP doesn't want to share what he knows.

I vote B. At least someone is trying to pick up the slack.

The only thing is, how much is there really left to accomplish with the Xbox? Arcades etc are tweaks of already existing projects, fine-tuning, small improvements. Most emulators are near-perfection as far as I know; maybe there's some that have slipped through the net? I guess it can't do any harm to learn the ropes.

Good luck anyway sir.

I vote A

Fairplay to resurectionx, I respect what your trying to do. But I think it would take years of work for you to get near BPs level. I am a qualified software developer and would not dream of jumping in to such a big project. I am not saying you should give up, I think its great to see activity in this scene, but I am just looking forward to BPs new release, and then I think that mame on xbox will be as good as it could get.

on a side note i am confused from screenshosts. Does the new skin just look like xbmc or is the launcher integrated somehow?

Edited by irha

I vote A

Fairplay to resurectionx, I respect what your trying to do. But I think it would take years of work for you to get near BPs level. I am a qualified software developer and would not dream of jumping in to such a big project. I am not saying you should give up, I think its great to see activity in this scene, but I am just looking forward to BPs new release, and then I think that mame on xbox will be as good as it could get.

Your A vote is the only one worth commenting on, since it was well written and didn't come from one of BP's mindless butt kissers.

BP's level is not that much further from where I am. I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks since I got my debug box up and I've already remapped control on a Williams game called Inferno that I've wanted fixed since the beginning (One of the reasons that me and BP stopped working with each other early on). He's not a magical wizard coder. By his own admission several times, he's nowhere near where XPort and some of the greats were. He happens to know some things that I've been able to figure out for myself, and quite a few more that I have yet to, but I will, figure out. The end result may have he and I using different methods to get there, but he doesn't have a whole lot on me at this point.

It's basically a bunch of parlor tricks what he's doing with the emu. Parlor tricks that were necessary, such as remapping Ikari Warriors, but not a whole lot that I haven't figured out at this point. Bottom line is, you me or BP would never have been able to code this thing from scratch, but now that it's available, anybody who wants to put a little effort into it can take it apart, investigate it, and change it the way they see fit. I don't know much about C++ except for what I learned in Junior College for a semester almost 10 years ago, but you can see patterns in the code even if you're just a little computer savvy.

My only problem now is manipulating the GUI. Ever since I got the source, I haven't been able to get it to sort by category (and that was long before I messed with anything). I've mentioned this to BP about 5 times on this thread, and though he gives me a very lengthy reason that I'm never going to figure it out on my own, he's never told me what files control it or thrown me a bone about where I could start looking. The "source" I was given was incomplete and I've had to pull stuff from MAMEox 1.1 and the previous build of Arcades to even get it to work from the start. He didn't tell me to do that. I had to figure that out too.

I don't see what the big deal is for BP to tell me the files that effect the GUI development. I don't need a teacher if I know where to do the research. Just tell me what files are important and their basic function and I can go wild from there. He's always talking about how much time he's wasting here teaching me when in reality he's spending time on here and the other threads with no other purpose than to argue with me or harass me. In half the time it's taken for him to post any one of his numerous replys telling me how annoying or needy or n00bish or incapable I am, he could have told me what files I need to be concerned about outside the source.

In the example above, he mentions "cat.h" "cat.cpp" and "cat.xml" as three of the files that effect how the GUI works. Those three files don't exist. Not in the source and not in the final build. I would like to know what files he meant when he said that, since I do know the location of the other files he mentioned in that post.

Then I got a bunch of idiots chiming in and BP stopped answering my questions. (No offence to you, since I'm not refering to you).

The one thing that he has taught me since the beginning is that you can edit filenames in a hex editor. I've already figured out how to do that in the source on my own, so when it comes down to it, BP hasn't taught me anything, regardless of anyone's claims.

Haha gavin19...

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Mar 26 2008, 03:09 PM)

It's a shame that somebody as egotistical as BP doesn't want to share what he knows.

That's not my quote man. Don't get me in trouble. I like how you swapped in egotistical for knowledgable there though.

I vote B. At least someone is trying to pick up the slack.

The only thing is, how much is there really left to accomplish with the Xbox? Arcades etc are tweaks of already existing projects, fine-tuning, small improvements. Most emulators are near-perfection as far as I know; maybe there's some that have slipped through the net? I guess it can't do any harm to learn the ropes.

Good luck anyway sir.

Yeah... I would like to see a perfect MAME emu, improvements to PSX and N64, and also some ports for PC games to the computer when and if source becomes availabe. Other than that, it's pretty much done. Was looking forward to a BBC Micro emulator that somebody said they were going to release about 4 months ago before they just disappeared. I don't think anyone in this thread would want to play that one though since they're too good for old games.

Thanks for the nod. It's a tough crowd in here if you're not BP.

Edited by ressurectionx

im sorry RX your a complete newbe...not far off you a simple search in text for the name or key would have found all those files...and due to that im totally ignoring you and your work no offense I gave you more give than I should have really you push me in ways I dont want to go and continue to and arnt really working with me. You are at the simple end at the moment it will get alot harder soon for you.... you will actually need to learn real mame skills not just renaming but recoding. I only taught you renaming cause in reality its your level pretty much. Dont ask any more questions. Mameox to Mamedox was written in total in a week you have spent a month just trying to work out how to rename a rom or change a key and that is at the bottom level. As I say you can just search for the text and rename that. From now on im totally ignoring RX if you want to know why just read the comments. Its not parlor tricks at all alot is actually coding..... with palor tricks you are only going to have BAED :P and for newbe sake just look at the calls, its all written in plain english in the Cpp files.... and can even be looked how it links in the project solution its bottom level coding if you cant work it out mamedox 1.1 source is synced for you across all files so you dont have to learn how to read code or put in party tricks.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Pretty sad BP. I'll type about whatever I want to regardless of what you have to say. And I'll continue asking you whatever questions I want to whenever I want to. It's not as if you've ever answered one of them at any time anyhow. So I choose to excercise my right to futility.

I messaged you two days about helping you this week when I was off and you completely ignored me so I started doing my own thing. I know you were online because you were on and off this forum all day those two days when I came by to see if anything new was up. I was willing to work with you twice, but the truth is you're a self righteous twat and the only reason anyone in here likes you at all is because you do for them what they're too lazy to do for themselves.

Your skills are nothing to brag about, and yeah, it's taking me a while to learn this without any help from d-bags like you, but you offer nothing that any one of these people on this board wouldn't have any problems doing themselves if they shook the sand out of their cooter and taught themselves how to do it.

BTW... I did a search, and there is no "cat" files, so I don't know what the hell you think you're seeing. Probably trying to send me on a wild goose chase like when you supplied only part of the source and I had to piecemeal the rest from other sources. You're a real piece of work. You're like a cop that abuses his power. Have fun on your basement throne. Hopefully your parents don't kick you out now that the economy is going down the tubes.

Edited by ressurectionx

I actually own my own house and hope it tubes as I want another, but good luck RX, I did it myself because I had done it myself in 4 odd days, ages ago.... it was only you holding it up. Or did you want me to talk to you about it even though it was done. As stated people want it, not to ramble on about it like you want to.

Edited by BritneysPAIRS