My XBox 360 games

Bambi

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE the dash updates. They have been released on other media by Microsoft for those without Live, or leaked in some shape or form. Then they can be downloaded, burnt to disc, and installed, without ever needing to connect to Live.

Silent Hill: Homecoming

how is it?

1 part Awesome and 2 part Crappy

I don't like the fact that this game is exactly inspired by the movie thus making it the first unoriginal SH. Plus the developers wanted a make believe game to be realistic so good luck finding healing items and run football field lengths from one save spot to the other.

Other than that it's fine. Controlling your character has never been near perfect. All the game needs is a way to turn 180 like in RE.

When you want to shoot a gun (which just like the healing items, ammo is next to nothing in this game) it turns into RE4 style. You don't auto target but have to manually aim. Which I've been having problems with.

Best thing to do in this game is to just run past any or all enemies and save your life, ammo and healing items for the bosses.

Pressing B is your dodge button which I like. The game revolves around this. Basically it's the only way to fight enemies and bosses. Learn taletell signs of when they'll attack and dodge to counter. Can get annoying.

There are psuedo QTE in this game. They don't really happen like all other games. In fact, very rarely. You mostly have to press buttons when turning valves, cutting, hacking etc. If an enemy grabs you you have to rapidly tap a random colored button (so no rapidly tapping RT).

It's good but my main main gripe is the movie inspiration.

1 part Awesome and 2 part Crappy

I don't like the fact that this game is exactly inspired by the movie thus making it the first unoriginal SH. Plus the developers wanted a make believe game to be realistic so good luck finding healing items and run football field lengths from one save spot to the other.

Other than that it's fine. Controlling your character has never been near perfect. All the game needs is a way to turn 180 like in RE.

When you want to shoot a gun (which just like the healing items, ammo is next to nothing in this game) it turns into RE4 style. You don't auto target but have to manually aim. Which I've been having problems with.

Best thing to do in this game is to just run past any or all enemies and save your life, ammo and healing items for the bosses.

Pressing B is your dodge button which I like. The game revolves around this. Basically it's the only way to fight enemies and bosses. Learn taletell signs of when they'll attack and dodge to counter. Can get annoying.

There are psuedo QTE in this game. They don't really happen like all other games. In fact, very rarely. You mostly have to press buttons when turning valves, cutting, hacking etc. If an enemy grabs you you have to rapidly tap a random colored button (so no rapidly tapping RT).

It's good but my main main gripe is the movie inspiration.

Hmm, from what you describe it seems that the gameplay is very similiar to SH: Origins which is on PSP and PS2, especially the QTE part. And all SH games allow you to run away from monsters anyway :)

Still, I can't wait to play this.

Actually for me, in all the previous SHs I could kill all monsters in the game with melee or firearm except this one. It's just aggravating that the only way I have to fight is by constantly dodging which is quite annoying when there's more than one monster on screen since you can only target/concentrate on one at a time but when the other non-targeted monster attacks you don't notice and get hit. The truly aggravating part about this is the fact that healing items are practically "endangered" in this game. So your only option is to run past/away and save all ammo and health items for boss battles. The Nurses have so far been the only exception with the fact that you can easily kill them by doing 2 or 3 quick attacks and then 1 heavy attack. Repeat till dead. You can generally attack them first before they can even try to attack. It's mainly easy due to the fact that they attack and walk claymation style (just like in the movie, imagine that).

I have noticed lately though that there seems to be a possible glitch. When dealing with enemies, if you hide behind an object (IE: desk, car, etc) the enemy has a hard time going after you.

It is a good game though no matter what my minute complaints are. I just wish the monsters (except the bosses of course) were more original like past games.

Actually for me, in all the previous SHs I could kill all monsters in the game with melee or firearm except this one. It's just aggravating that the only way I have to fight is by constantly dodging which is quite annoying when there's more than one monster on screen since you can only target/concentrate on one at a time but when the other non-targeted monster attacks you don't notice and get hit. The truly aggravating part about this is the fact that healing items are practically "endangered" in this game. So your only option is to run past/away and save all ammo and health items for boss battles. The Nurses have so far been the only exception with the fact that you can easily kill them by doing 2 or 3 quick attacks and then 1 heavy attack. Repeat till dead. You can generally attack them first before they can even try to attack. It's mainly easy due to the fact that they attack and walk claymation style (just like in the movie, imagine that).

I have noticed lately though that there seems to be a possible glitch. When dealing with enemies, if you hide behind an object (IE: desk, car, etc) the enemy has a hard time going after you.

It is a good game though no matter what my minute complaints are. I just wish the monsters (except the bosses of course) were more original like past games.

Is there a reason why pyramid head is in the game, or is he just there because the developers thought he was cool to put in?