my halo 3 impressions

Mag

Dear Halo fanboys,

We have FPS games that kick the living shit out of your precious halo....

With best regards,

-The PC community

I used to be a PC elitist and I then I realized how incredibly flocking stupid it was.

This guy used to be cool.

:D

How've you been Ghosty?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welp ive been playing for an hour felt good to dust the 360 off, im impressed ive wasnt even that big a halo fan but i like the game the cinematics are beautiful while in game isnt leaps and bound next gen its still impresses with the super smooth frame rate. and the online was pretty solid as was expectedim just not looking fwd to the immature lil teen bastards getting on.

Dear Halo fanboys,

With best regards,

-The PC community

I used to be a PC elitist and I then I realized how incredibly flocking stupid it was.

:(

How've you been Ghosty?

I've had better days. Did you ever move back to New Orleans?

I thought I would hate Halo, but I did enjoy the first one. It had it's weaknesses - all the interior levels were the same, and there were not enough enemies - but the game's firefights were amazingly tense. The rechargeable shield, energy grenades and weapons that overheated made the gun battles diabolically fun! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the game.

I still think PC FPS are, on the whole, better, but I respect the first Halo. It achieved alot. People who hate it just because it was successful are abit immature, IMHO.

Haven't played the two sequels, however.

So I played the game for about 3 days now. Only the single player of course but so far I like it, spent only about 15 mins the first day, an hour the second and today about 2 and a half hours. First thing I can tell you this is that the graphics is just barely current gen. Character facials and everything ain't very pretty as I expect. However, theres something I do find noticable as I progress through the game on my 19' monitor @720p such as HDR lighting and anti-aliasing. All in all, it's not a big leap in visual compare to Halo2 but it's good enough to be consider a current gen game.

first the gameplay, I played this on heroic difficulty to begin with, and I did get my ass handed a few times. The A.I seems about the same, small grunts would evade you when they know they donthave a chance or they do their usual running around in circles thing. Higher tier grunts actaully stay put when they about to die or simply charges suicidal at you. The new weapons is very iffy I could say, not going to name some but you would find old weapons as well as new ones. And my favorite part of all, vehicles, goddamn theres alot more vehicles this time air/ground with returning ones as well. Well, my least favorite feature of this game would the goddamn health bar. Compare to the previous halos, this one has one goddamn bar and goes down quick on heroic mode, usually a sniper only needs one clean shot to get down to near death alert (bar turned red and blinks). Ok last by not least, the levels. Man it's awesome, I sometime stop to check the nice background far away in distance and you can notice things goes on alot, well you already should know this by now that theres a war going on. As for the level, they are never repetitive like it's predecessors.

anyway the cinematics in the game are nice, makes it feel like a star war movie almost. Love the music scores, really fits in with the current situation and all. Character's lips sync well with dialogs.

so yeah great game so far, here's a video review for the curious one to know everything about it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25485.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25484.html (hd quality)

This is actually something much more interesting to read, than someone ranting and raving about how badly over-hyped Halo is, and that it's a piece of crap. I get tired of reading and hearing the senseless hate for Halo, do you think people like Halo for no apparent reason? No, Halo obviously has some strong factors that people enjoy, the thing I enjoy from Halo are the smoothness of the controls, and how fun it can be if you become better at playing. The game isn't some legendary fathom, it gets good scores because evidently it's a good game. People, stop bashing Halo with no purpose, people who actually have a legitimate reason to dislike Halo are acknowledged by me.

Anyways, I like would like to play this game. I wasn't every big on the storyline, I was just all about the gameplay. If the grenades are fine this time around and everything else, I would love to play this online. Too bad this isn't on Xbox, I surely would buy it. Right now I'm not focusing on getting a Xbox 360, not just for one game, I'm fine with my Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox for now, but if I do ever get one, I'll be sure to rent this game an try it out.

Edited by Devia Eleven

Dear Halo fanboys,

With best regards,

-The PC community

:(

How've you been Ghosty?

I've had better days. Did you ever move back to New Orleans?

No, I'm still in Louisiana though.

Halo is a good game. Maybe not as good as people say it is, but still its good. The graphics are pretty good. I played the first one and got addicted at start until for some odd reason my save file got deleted so I decided to stop playing. Its been about 2 years since i played the game. Probably should play it (thats if its compatible with vista). I also have Halo 2 so I should try that. CRAP, back to studying. *Draws chair conformation for hexane* Mmmmmm organics.