Arcades

Rag

Its sad that in the US it seems to be the final era of arcades. There is little left and even the ones that are left seem to only have broken machines in them. If I want to play Time Crisis, I gotta travel so far to one arcade, then if I want to play HOTD, the same for another. I can't even find one with old classics like D&D or SF games. As far as I know, theres no big arcades like there used to be. Does anyone have a lot of arcades still near them? Especially you guys in other countries.

Hard question since we all live in different places.

But it isnt too hard for me to find an arcade, i can go to coney island or the pool hall around my way. Its pretty sad but it doesnt really bother me since im not a big fan of wasting SOO MUCH MONEY on a game that sometimes intentionally gets extremely difficult just to make you pay(thats what it does in MAME) :thumbsup1:

There are still a few arcades around this area, but the majority of them are either 1.Cheap and only have 1-2 classics (that actually work) or 2.Are like Dave&Busters/Gameworks where you end up wasting more money then on christmas present buying day.

The last arcade over here is about to get shut down by the end of the year, or so I've heard. All the other arcades have simply died over the course of 7 or so years.

It's sad because there are so many arcade lovers in this country, yet at the same time it's abysmally expensive to maintain and run an arcade center.