We were all there once....

GodPigeon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started roughly 10 years ago. I didn't have an internet connection back then, so I found out through other channels that it was possible to emulate the NES console on your PC. So I got NESticle from my friend after I asked him to hunt it down for me. After that, I started thinking that since such a thing is possible, emulators probably exist for other consoles as well.

I don't keen remember if I ever considered myself to be a newbie as far as general emulation in general, probably thanks to the fact that I like reading all kinds of emulation related material (from fiddling with the different options in the emulator to Readme's to manuals to technical docs, et al.)

I think it's worth noting that I started lurking on different message boards on time time around late 2001, and did my first registration late 2003.

Firstly I was boggled in 1999 that I could run Mega Drive games almost perfectly on the comp. Amazing. Never really took arcade games to be as easy to emulate (didnt know any better) since MAME ran badly for me.. and the only thing I played was MK2 which is on some bitchy hardware even today.

I entered the 'Emu scene' in early '03 coz I wanted to play 3rd Strike. No PAL release on any console I owned. FBA is the first arcade emu I every used and galdarnit I love it. Amazing.. fast- this was before it played NeoGeo btw. Loved playing Alphas and MvC and such, but was curious as hell why CPS3 was so different to the others and so hard to crack...

The next thrill was when SvC came out, and the wave of Kawaks / Nebula builds for playing all the new romsets like that MS5... Kof2003. I was also on dialup so dling NeoRageX sets at 40+mb a pop was a pain Ill never forget.

Anyway years on now nothing much happens.. all the NeoGeo games are out and in official MAME builds... Chankast hasnt been updated for ages... Now Im just a casual flaneur here but will probably descend like a tonne of bricks if something (cough CPS3 cough) were to happen.. likely or not...

Ill get into the whole PSP thing though when eloader for 2.70 (dont ask) gets released sooner or later.

This place is the only actual emulation site I visited and actually posted on. And half the shiet i post isn't emulation... Why am I still even here!? I HAVE A LIFE!?

This place is the only actual emulation site I visited and actually posted on. And half the shiet i post isn't emulation... Why am I still even here!? I HAVE A LIFE!?

I'd hazard guess and say that you feel drawn to this place because of the regulars in here, or because sometimes things that probably qualify for /b/ material surface.

Audio Galaxy (lol anyone remember that?)

:spam2: wow thats old, it was the fastest p2p for dial up at the time but there were almost never any satallites :clapping:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first started in 1997-1998(cant remember). My brother had came home and told me that in his school he had saw some kid playing Dragonball Z Hyperdimension(i think) So he made me look for snes9x and the rom. While looking for it i luckly came across Super Mario World :bonk:

And then i just kept downloading games on my Windows 98 32 GB hard drive 128 Mb RAM.

After that i just kept going till in 1999 my computer messed up. Then my Brother Bought another PC in 2002, And he used to let me use it. I downloaded all my old Genesis/SNES/NES/GBA roms and emus and made a cd with them.

One year ago, my moms bought me a new PC and i got hooked. I downloaded Project 64 and i loved it. I then started to look for epsxe but everytime i found one, it was missing plug-ins and i really didnt understand anything about that(still dont) So i tried my luck with a P2P(limewire) and it came with all plug-ins and everything ready. Then i Downloaded MAME32 But i didnt know how to play the games. So i went on google and was searching and all i kept finding was forums where other people like me had to be explained how to work it. So one i came to this site and signed up and asked for help. Agozor answered quickly and now im here. Here i learned alot, Like how to use MUGEN/Neorage/Chankast/epsxe.

Thanks to all that helped me out as a newb/noob(whichever you prefer to call me) :D

Same for me except 95% of the crap I post isn't emulation..

Because like LSD said, you're part of "the family". Nobody quits da family! :devilboy:

I remember downloading a bunch of Mame roms around 2000 or 2001. I was excited about being able to play arcade games on my computer. Unfortunatlely, I wasn't able to get it to work for almost a year, ( I think I had the normal Mame, and not the Mame32 version).

Of course I was too impatient to read all the information available.

I may have blundered into a couple forums asking stupid questions.. :devilboy:

Once I finally got a rom to work though, I was hooked, and I started getting every emulator for every system ever made. Now sadly, the hunt is pretty much over. (until some newer systems get emulated :naughty: )

even Gamecop was in level 1 once......

Was he? I'm not too sure... :devilboy:

Anyway, I started about 4 years ago when my friend told me he had all the N64 games on his computer. I really wanted to find out about that, so I got really into emulators. He also told me you could download PC games with something called "Azureus," but I had no idea what he was talking about. Today, I have surpassed him and I now give him advice. It feels so good. :naughty: