favorite "old" games

Bo0

there are so many original games out there which are being made newer and newer each day especially as new systems come out...the graphics gets better..sounding eveyrthing...

so im not really into into gaming but i really did love them old games i didnt struggle in so much yet struggled to beat the highest score(ussually was form my brother "drake")

anyways i think we all still have those moments when you just want to go back and play those old games...i dont know if a thread has been started like this already but itll be cool to know anyways what people now-a-days considered there favorite games when they were a kid...when sega genesis came out and the "black and white"(which really looked to me green and black) gameboys were out...or maybe you have something older

anyways ill stop chit chattering and cut to the point....my favorite old game which has been made into things more advanced is:

TETRIS!!=D...(i think lumines is somewhat like it but instead we stack boxes) :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whassup PONG!

Wait........I'm not that old.

Can't really say, the 8 and 16 bit days offered far more memorable gamign experiences than anything these days could provide. Sure theres excellent games that you won't forget from recent generations, but theres far more from the past that causes you to be unable to recite a list.......as that list would be far too long.

I'll go by era and somewhat platform.

Arcade - Afterburner all the way, I refuse to spend my money in any arcade that doesn't have a hydraulic cockpit Afterburner.

NES - Metroid and Super Mario Bros. Played them both to death, to the point where I really can't stand playing them anymore, but they are still my favourite games.

SMS - I didn't own one, friends did and all I remember playing was Golden Axe and Rampage.

SNES - Super Metroid F-O-R-E-V-E-R

Genesis - The only game I will keep going back to (I found games that were on SNES as well to be much better on SNES) is Sonic 2, and for good reason. It's the best Sonic game bar none.

Theres more, I had a Colecovision and frogger was played over and over on it. Space Invaders on my Atari 800XL.......I'm surprised I didn't have to replace the cart a few times from overusage or something.

P.S. I didn't start out playing games on consoles. I didn't have my own console till 3 years after the NES came out and I got one. I grew up with Atari computers from age 3 when i got my first one, I played my games on it. Hell I didn't own a PC till Pentium class CPUs came out, I was still using myy Atari STE 1040 and my Falcon.

I still remember, my second christmas, my first genesis, and the thrill of playing Sonic the Hedghog 2. Also still remember how I beat the first level at the age of 2 with ease only to turn it off and have my dad put me to bed. Those were the days, the day's I can turn on a system and not think about sleep.

Basically a combination of all the favorite games on <console>. But what the hell. I still love old games.

Old Games/Arcade: Pac-man, Bubble Bobble, Tetris.

Genesis: Shining force Series, Streets of Rage series, Sonic The Hedgehog series (Unlike Cinder, I liked 3 the best), Target Earth, Golden Axe Series, Mega Bomberman, Street Fighter 2, Phantasy Star 4. Quackshot, Shinobi 3, Mortal Kombat 2 and 3, Toejam and Earl, NBA Jam, Super High Impact, Mutant League Hockey.

Snes: Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger.

Gameboy: Pokemon Red.

Thats all I can really think of. Genesis was of course my main console and had a lot of games for it (usually had the whole series of the game I liked). Played it endlessly and it never got old, even if I knew and memorized enemy movements and junk like that. Probably beat each game about 20 times. Ah good times :lol:

PC - Tie Fighters, X-Wing, Full Throttle, Days of the Tentacle.

The only games that I will buy original.

NES - MEGAMAN 1!!!!! That is why I buy Megaman Powered Up :lol:

N64 - Goldeneye (best Bond music evar!)

Favourite PC games would be Wolfenstein-3D and DOOM!!

I've never owned a console so I can't comment there.

Arcade: Pacman and Bubble Bobble along with a few that never got emulated and never been heard of since.

I liked quite a few of those Apogee games especially when cheats were being used! Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, etc.

I'll have my console list posted later this week..

But for the PC, it's easy...

Commander Keen (which included Pong! :lol:).. and Wolfenstein 3D. Of course Doom and Doom II were also my favorites. If I remember correctly, Doom II was either 3 or 5 floppy disks. Who can forget the code "IDDQD"?

EDIT: I probably tried a hundred times to run Duke Nukem 3D on my 486DX2, but it just couldn't handle it. I believe the requirements for that game was a 60mhz system? And a 486DX2 is already max'ed out to 50mhz. I did play the game though on a later Pentium 2.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention that I also ran Commander Keen and Wolfenstein 3D on a 386SX. I upgraded to a 486DX2 a couple years later.

Bit off topic I guess, but I ran all the my early games on a 10mhz 286. But, Wolfenstein was a bit slow, and doom wouldn't run at all. Got an old 386, doom runs but much too slowly. Eventually get my win95 pc and all those games run fine, and fast!