What game do you think has the best storyline?

Diso

Up Question and say Why.

For me I liked the Shining Force Story and Final Fantasy 6 and 7 storylines.

The shining force one is pretty cool only cause the games are all connected to each other unlike other games. Meaning they all have to do with different characters but still fighting the same faction of bosses (just different ones).

FF6 and FF7's storyline were very interesting. Both had like the same storyline: Underground group trying to stop the empire but something goes wrong with the empire and a mysterious guy takes over :thumbsup1:. Even so, the storyline is complex to keep it interesting throughout the game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planescape: Torment. You just have to play the game to realize how awesome it is. Basically, you wake up and don't know who you are and you find out you are immortal. The plot of the game is finding out how that happened and how to become mortal again.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

I really like how the prince struggles to save *his* kingdom from certain doom, and the part that the Sands play.

Advent rising!

The story was the best part of the game , it had so many cool twists and stuff.Pulling your borther torugh the psace station was awesome.

Edited by Madi

Persona (shin megami tensei in general actually) Why? because it had a storyline that was more mature and darker than most rpg's, it had more inner conflict of characters than square rpg's , and it was just an interesting storyline.

i doubt that's the best i can think of, but it's what just came to mind.

Street Fighter 2 (and others in series). Because there was no story unless you really wanted to know it.

The story didn't get in the way and if you wanted to find out the stories behind the characters, they were awesome.

BTW - stories in games are not important.

YES! That is absolutely correct. I wish more people would think that way. For me, the plot just has to be plausible enough for the gameplay mechanics.

Not that I don't enjoy a game with a good plot but there are other factors more important to make a game good. I think a good plot is only necessary in RPGs. But it's not really the plot that is necessary, it is the story telling mechanics. A good game developer can take a simple aliens attack Earth plot and make it an engrossing epic (Half-Life) while bad ones just use boring cutscene exposition.

Persona (shin megami tensei in general actually) Why? because it had a storyline that was more mature and darker than most rpg's, it had more inner conflict of characters than square rpg's , and it was just an interesting storyline.

I have to agree. These games have really great storylines.

Half life has to be one of the most engrossing stories in the fps genre. Even though the storyline is a little choppy in some parts, it kept me intruiged throughout the game. Plus there are no cutscenes so thats good :).

Street Fighter 2 (and others in series). Because there was no story unless you really wanted to know it.

The story didn't get in the way and if you wanted to find out the stories behind the characters, they were awesome.

BTW - stories in games are not important.

YES! That is absolutely correct. I wish more people would think that way. For me, the plot just has to be plausible enough for the gameplay mechanics.

Not that I don't enjoy a game with a good plot but there are other factors more important to make a game good. I think a good plot is only necessary in RPGs. But it's not really the plot that is necessary, it is the story telling mechanics. A good game developer can take a simple aliens attack Earth plot and make it an engrossing epic (Half-Life) while bad ones just use boring cutscene exposition.

Yeah. That's right. A story is only needed to set the scene for why you are doing what you are doing it. Twists and turns of the plot (MGS and most other modern adventure games) are absolutely not needed in videogames.

And yeah, I agree that RPGs should have stories, but no other type of games needs anything beyond scene setting and a character backstory or two (SF, KOF, Tekken etc).

Edited by hi_resurrection