Tardness

I decided to make a seperate topic out of this to avoid careening the already lengthy Naruto thread far off topic.

ok I tried to read the whole thread. looking for a reliable link to the manga. wanna start at the beginning. registered at narutofan and the downloads appear to be broken. help me out before I lose interest :P

Oh god no...please no! NOT YOU!!!!

Theres a difference between people that like Naruto, and Narutards.

People that like Naruto just like watching the show. We don't go to the extreme to putting Naruto in our avatars and sigs and post pictures of us cosplaying in our official naruto underwear.

Edit: Disclaimer: This is simply a rant for the hell of it. Diso's post got me thinking about at what point fandom becomes annoying, and I decided to share my opinion and see what others had to say. This is in no way an important topic, nor a serious attempt to change anyone's mind. That's why it was originally posted in spam. So don't take it too seriously!!! On to the original post:

This is a pointless kind of debate, but what the hell. 2 cents:

Fandom comes in all shapes and sizes. Only when it gets to tard levels does it become obnoxious (to me). But what constitutes a tard? Is it just LIKING something? That means we're all tards..

Is it having something in your avatar or sig? To me, that's just a way of publicly, and passively, saying "I like this" - like putting a band's sticker in your car window or something. Does that make you (Diso) a Megatard? Or me a King Of Fightard? I dunno.. I personally don't think so..

What makes a tard to me is when fandom becomes obtrusive. Run a fansite? Ok, sure, that's an avoidable situation for non-fans. Ramble endlessly about the exploits of your favorite manga character? That's ok as long as you keep it within your manga-fan circles. Attempt to express yourself solely through physically impossible anime facial expressions and insist that everyone call you kawaii-kun? Yeah, that's a tard situation.

To make a native comparison... I have friends who are such Simpsons fans that they can't go a night of hanging out without throwing quotes into normal conversation at least once a night. Now, I like the Simpsons, I'll watch it if it's on, but this is still annoying to me because I'm not a fanatic. It's like if you were having a nice conversation about, I dunno, collect calling services, and all of a sudden someone sprung in with "yeah, just like when sasuke did....." In fact, I would rather them dress up like Simpsons characters and run around, as long as they did it at conventions where other people were into this sort of thing, and which I could opt to avoid.

Edited by Daeval

I'm going to end this with a Pointless Who gives a crap except you. I'm not going to defend my position or my belief. Go ahead and rape it. The point being is that explaining it will only result in arguments and a waste of my time.

Moved this to current affairs. I think everyone else should be able to post their 2 cents about it.

After all, the spam forum is for spam. Even though I think anime is a complete waste of time. :P

I'm going to end this with a Pointless Who gives a crap except you. I'm not going to defend my position or my belief. Go ahead and rape it. The point being is that explaining it will only result in arguments and a waste of my time.

Woah, waitaminute! :o

I didn't mean to attack anyone's position, nor start any flaming arguments. In fact, I was agreeing with the most important part of what you said (there's a difference between a fan and a retarted fanboy). I certainly didn't mean anything offensive or even serious by it at all (hence the "this is a pointless debate, but..." disclaimer).

Anyhow, I liked what you had said and wanted to give my own expanded opinion, and maybe to see if others had anything to add, that's all. It wasn't even meant to be directed at any one person, just as an opener for open conversation (I mentioned your ava, but only because you were the one that got me thinking about it).

Sorry if it got interpreted as an attack of some sort. :P

Edited by Daeval

i agree with u guys, but i'm still not sure if i'm a Naurtard or not?

Who cares.. let everyone express what they feel no matter how inappropriate or mislight use of judgment. Thing is, we all have our point of views.

Who cares.. let everyone express what they feel no matter how inappropriate or mislight use of judgment. Thing is, we all have our point of views.

That was kind of the point of the original post - for people to express their opinions because it's not a serious issue anyway - but it got misinterpreted...

I should have put:

Disclaimer: This is just for fun.  It is not to be taken in any way seriously.

Here's my opinion. blah blah.

What separates a fan from a retarted fanboy your opinion?

Edit: Disclaimer added to the original post, so's no one else freaks out. :P

Edited by Daeval

Naruto is serious buisness. heheh j/k

@ryuken you are a tard in general, not just related to naruto :P

Naruto is serious buisness. heheh j/k

@ryuken you are a tard in general, not just related to naruto :P

damn , my school isn't helping me get smarter