RPGs; Eastern vs. Western

Which style of RPG suits you best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides have their pros and cons.

Although I feel Western RPGs have a more solid and sound

RPG element, they are more weak in storyline.

While Eastern RPGs are more story-oriented, it might make the game more linear.

I like Baldur Gate becos you could just go explore, take your time to do quest (well, I think so), sight seeing, monster bashing and such. I like Final Fantasy becos of the great story (FFVII), great monsters, eye-candy, and also great gameplay. Gee, it is hard to choose.

Gryph, you should try FFVII. I must admit some of the FF series are not that good, but FFVII is really a classic. Or you can try FFIX, which is really old school.

I always keep myself open for more choice of games :)

Too bad, you dun like FFVII.

I know there will be a lot of FF fanboys snickering at you :afro:

saying you dun know stuffs :lol:

Not the end of the world...:D

I'm open to games but I've played enough of those games to know I don't like them. I'm not going to go back and waste my time playing them just to see if I might like it again. Plus, Final Fantasy fanboys are the lowest of low in the realm of fanboys.

Also, your sig is a tad too large. In fact, it's very large.

Your (very attractive) sig is gone! My good friend Ed had a small encounter with her. I think she almost took his head off last year at E3.

Anyways, now a days, you see the same stuff with practically little to barely visable variation now in Eastern RPGs (although their are some that do get thru being original, sorry folks, StratRPGs don't count). Although I have been seeing the basic D&D system implamented some how in every Western one, they do some pretty neat tricks to them.

Personally, I've been hooked to the tactical RPGs recently. Still haven't finished Disgaea, just got Phantom Brave and La Pucelle: Tactics comes out soon.

I wish Europe wold get some of the Tales games, but that isn't happening (except Tales of Symphonia, but that's on the GC.) God I love those games.

Now, I want to ask those western RPG-savvy people. Which of the I should get if I were to get only one of them?

Baldur's Gate II

Morrowind

Neverwinter Nights + Hordes of the Underdark