Sony PSP release date and Price

NeoMaster

Handhelds were and still are not ment to compete against the console market. If I wanted good sheit, I'd get a laptop.

Edit: I don't even want a nDS. That thing is bigger then my cordless phone. I don't want a PSP because it has absolutle nothing even remotely interesting at all. Best feature of it is a malfunction. THROWING NINJA DISC ACTION! Thats the only reason to get the psp. The only reason.

Edited by K`dash

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hats the only reason to get the psp. The only reason.

And that's only your opinion. I'm personally exicted about the PSP. Yeah, I've got a GBA, but I find it rather boring. I don't think I've even turned the thing on in over a year. I love how people complain about the price of the PSP while getting gouged by Nintendo on the price of GBA games. Seriously, many of the best games are just NES or SNES ports for which they expect you to pay $20-30+ USD.

I'm ready for some more modern games that I can play on a portable machine. Yeah, I love the old school games, else why would I even be here? But I just love games in general and want something more in the portable market. I'm hoping that the PSP is going be what I want. If you don't like the games, that's cool with me. But there are a few that I'm very interested in.

hats the only reason to get the psp. The only reason.

And that's only your opinion. I'm personally exicted about the PSP. Yeah, I've got a GBA, but I find it rather boring. I don't think I've even turned the thing on in over a year. I love how people complain about the price of the PSP while getting gouged by Nintendo on the price of GBA games. Seriously, many of the best games are just NES or SNES ports for which they expect you to pay $20-30+ USD.

I'm ready for some more modern games that I can play on a portable machine. Yeah, I love the old school games, else why would I even be here? But I just love games in general and want something more in the portable market. I'm hoping that the PSP is going be what I want. If you don't like the games, that's cool with me. But there are a few that I'm very interested in.

Doesn't take a asshat on something awful to know what your saying. Ever visited the used pile? It's quite interesting. Now I shall ridicule your opinion like the tool that I am.

RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! INSULTING PSP HERE! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! MORE INSULTING OF THE PSP HERE! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! CHANGING YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE HERE! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT! RETORT!

The price is a put off :( I'll wait and see what is the launching price for

Asia version. My gf can get me a discount since she is working in Sony Sales :D That is how I get all my Sony DVD Player, DVD rom, TV and hi-fi :)

Tenfolds. Hundreds thousand more then consoles.

Consoles together [------------]

Handhelds [---------------------------------------------------------]

Source: that place at e3.

Nah... handhelds don't outsell the PS2. But I think the GBA has outsold the GC and XBox.

[edit] Actually, the PSP is outselling the PS2 on a weekly basis at the moment and the DS probably does on some weeks, but that's not surprising considering the how much earlier they are into their life cycles.

Edited by Thraxen

Don't handhelds sell like a crap load...like more than actual consoles?

The Pokemon's and Zelda's tend to sell craploads. You just have to see the user base for the GBA to understand why some really out perform the consoles. The GBA is the most successful gaming device in history. I'm a little rusty on my statistics but I believe the GBA/SP has sold more than a 130 million units worldwide in systems.