Sony PSP release date and Price

NeoMaster

Click here for the report!

Basically the system is going to be released on March 24th at $249 USD and $299 CAD. There will be about a dozen release titles and the price mentioned includes a memory stick and headset.

Too steep for my blood if you ask me. Sadly, no release titles interest me.

Edited by NeoMaster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah already read about it.. and im kinda peed off.  I planed on paying 200 bucks for the system and 50 bucks for a game right? ha sony dosnt think thats enough.

With taxes and a game the whole thing is gonna cost 500+ smackers. Most of the games are already available for ps2 so I don't know where this system is going.

hehe....its interesting how some people have mentioned that ds sucks for the lack of games that are on right now...not innovative n stuff, and say that psp will be better, but once the price is mentioned, 90 % of the people have said screw it.

Not saying in this board, but in other such places. It comes to show u that people should realize that sony does not back down on price. Never has. Because they know that it will still sell.

hehe....its interesting how some people have mentioned that ds sucks for the lack of games that are on right now...not innovative n stuff, and say that psp will be better, but once the price is mentioned, 90 % of the people have said screw it.

Not saying in this board, but in other such places.  It comes to show u that people should realize that sony does not back down on price.  Never has.  Because they know that it will still sell.

Your probably right. Look at the PS2, $449 CAD when it was first released. But you might be wrong, who is willing to pay that kind of cash for a HANDHELD.

Edited by NeoMaster

I bought a PS2 because at the time. I fell right into the hype. Since it was hyped that it was bigger then Jesus.

When the GBA first came out, I bought. Why exactly? Because I needed to replace my broken GBC. It replaced it alright. Then I started to buy GBA games. THAT was worth my money. I traded all most of items for it that I owned that I didn't care about at all.

I'm buying it anyway. The AC adapter, memory card, case, etc... is all stuff I planned to buy anyway. People comparing this to consoles and PC parts... ludicrous. This is a totally different sort of item... apples to oranges in those comparisons. This is why competition is good. You don't like the the PSP or it's price, you can buy the DS or stick to your GBA.