Sony PSP release date and Price

NeoMaster

The GBA is the most successful gaming device in history. I'm a little rusty on my statistics but I believe the GBA/SP has sold more than a 130 million units worldwide in systems.

The problem with those numbers is Nintendo likes to add everything from the GB up through the SP together and count it as one system... which it's not. I'm not sure the GBA/SP has actually sold that many.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude if u added from the gb to the sp it would have outsold the ps2 buy 100 times.  its a pretty well known fact the gba has outsold the ps2... whats funny is how many gbas break? haha compared to the ps2... i think the ps2 may have the gba beat there.

I don't think that's correct. You have any hard numbers? Look here: Weekly Chart

The PS2 is outselling the GBA/SP by a lot. Granted, the DS is out now, but it is outselling that too.

[edit] All the numbers I'm finding put the PS2 around 81 millions units worldwide and the GBA/SP at around 65 million worldwide.

Edited by Thraxen

for that price, i rather get an ipod or sumthin. i mean that is a lot of money. especially if u have a ps2 already that gives u enough game fulfillment daily. as tempting as it can be, i think imma pass on this one. for now that is...

Click here for the report!

Basically the system is going to be released on March 24th at $249 USD and $299 CAD. There will be about a dozen release titles and the price mentioned includes a memory stick and headset.

Too steep for my blood if you ask me. Sadly, no release titles interest me.

dayum.jpg

Please note. DS and PSP are not handhelds. Their like ipods and pdas that play games.

dude if u added from the gb to the sp it would have outsold the ps2 buy 100 times.  its a pretty well known fact the gba has outsold the ps2... whats funny is how many gbas break? haha compared to the ps2... i think the ps2 may have the gba beat there.

I don't think that's correct. You have any hard numbers? Look here: Weekly Chart

The PS2 is outselling the GBA/SP by a lot. Granted, the DS is out now, but it is outselling that too.

[edit] All the numbers I'm finding put the PS2 around 81 millions units worldwide and the GBA/SP at around 65 million worldwide.

E3 source > crappy-box source.

Edited by K`dash

Please note. DS and PSP are not handhelds. Their like ipods and pdas that play games.

:(

E3 source > crappy-box source.

Blah, blah... and where is this source? Got any links? Google around... the numbers I've posted are pretty accurate.

Edited by Thraxen