Official: Silent Hill thread

Mag

Yeah I know, I'm talking about they should focus on that in all the Silent Hill games, not just Silent Hill. I wasn't even scared of playing Silent Hill 2 and 3. Pyramid head suprises me, but they are still deepsheit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah horror games are all about atmosphere. some thing lacking in the RE an newer SH games. that's why I think fatal frame is the scariest, play that one in the dark with the surround sound up....yikes

Silent Hill 1 is the only SH game i've finished (considering i haven't bought a console post psx), u have played teh others though.

It's one of the BEST games i've ever played.

it honestly deserves the horror game crown alot more than resident evil (however there are some pc games like sanitarium, that would even beat SH)

but for a console horror game, NOTHING beats SH.

yeah horror games are all about atmosphere. some thing lacking in the RE an newer SH games. that's why I think fatal frame is the scariest, play that one in the dark with the surround sound up....yikes

The only thing between me and Project Zero II / Fatal Frame II is it's obnoxious cost over here.

Silent Hill 3 went quite ways back to the SH1-style scary in some spots, IMO.

All three Silent Hill's were great. Every RE from the main series (not necessarily the spinoffs) was great. Fatal Frame was great. Clock Tower 1-3 was great. Parasite Eve isn't really a horror game but it still felt like it sometimes for some reason, and the first one was great (The second one was way too short).

I never finished the first one. The time I got the Silent Hill games was a time when I was alone. I was too scared to play them most of the time. I might pop it in again now, and actually finish it.

And Samael is NOT Satan. He's a completely different angel. Do some research. :D I suggest Shin Megami Tensei's Nocturne. That's where I get most of my demon info. Also, for all you Americans out there (sorry Ago), Digital Devil Saga (also a SMT game) comes out in February. Get it. Support one of the most kick-ass series alive.

I have watched my cousin beat SH1 in one sitting (he was smart enough to not bring a memory card when he came over). Pesonally i thought SH1 was the best one i have played out of the 4.

This series is brilliant. I've finished all of them.

However, as atmosphere and scare factor goes, people reckon SH2 is the scariest... I dunno I liked htat one least out of the whole series.

SH4 is a bit rushed... I guess... and I can't forgive the main plot hole. However I do like its standalone enclosed story, and the whole room thing and the fighting... ;) and Walter Sullivan's sexy laugh. :D

i never played that game b4. what's it all about ne ways?

Basically it's about a town called Silent Hill somewhere in America. The people living there are all part of a cult that worships Samael (basically Satan).

Samael's power manifests itself turning ones greatest fears and even memories into grotesque monsters.

This is how I've understood it anyway.

First there's Silent Hill. Silent Hill 2 was a completely separate story, but still it has everything to do with the cursed town. SH3 continues where SH left off. Silent Hill 4: the Room, like SH2, is once again a separate story.

All games have clues and and whatnot that explain things in other SH games. SH4 explains surprisingly much about the subtle story changes in SH2.

thnx for telling me sounds pretty good i might try out soon :D

There's also always a secret ending involving aliens abducting the main character.  I wonder what purpose they serve?  Beings of Samael perhaps?

Here's the Wikipedia definiation of Silent Hill; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill

It's a joke ending.