Official: Silent Hill thread

Mag

Anyone here ever finish the original Silent Hill ? I'm still working on it of course, from the begining, right now at school. My god, there is no horror game as worst as this, well maybe Doom 3, but this one scares the crap out of ye.

So far I completed Silent Hill 2 and 3, didn't bought 4 yet since I'm on budget.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Silent Hill, but haven't finished it. The horror elements and the pure genius soundtrack are what draws me to this series over and over again. I've completed both 2 and 3 a couple of times. As For Silent Hill 4: The Room, I'm not even halfway through it yet, and loving every second of it.

btw, I've never seen the Noise filter used as effectively anywhere as Team Silent does in these games. The fog is also godly atmospheric.

Edited by Agozer

I have played 1, 3, and 4. never finished any of them though. in fact I hated 4 so much that I only played it for about an hour. I enjoyed 1 and 3 though, but they didn't scare me to much.

i never played that game b4. what's it all about ne ways?

Basically it's about a town called Silent Hill somewhere in America. The people living there are all part of a cult that worships Samael (basically Satan).

Samael's power manifests itself turning ones greatest fears and even memories into grotesque monsters.

This is how I've understood it anyway.

First there's Silent Hill. Silent Hill 2 was a completely separate story, but still it has everything to do with the cursed town. SH3 continues where SH left off. Silent Hill 4: the Room, like SH2, is once again a separate story.

All games have clues and and whatnot that explain things in other SH games. SH4 explains surprisingly much about the subtle story changes in SH2.

Edited by Agozer

Silent Hill will remain as the top horror game that lives, the first original title knock down all of it's installments, even the 4th silent hill game.

For a game on choppy graphics, it still scares you no matter even if it's 2D.

Silent Hill 4 is sort of a disappointment too me. Not because of anything technical, but the story and presentation of it seems broken and somewhat rushed. One things for sure. I do love the fact that his gun shoots faster then the pervious heros, but that crazy b itch in red is a pain, she like runs off and attacks everything it pisses me off.

And this is the japnese version, never tried the american one.

The only thing I like about the Silent Hills are the atomsphere. Not like some fake, emo, vampire, goth, Hot Topic regular, dipsh!t who likes it because it's dark and "scary".

They should focus on shadows more, that way it can spice an even better horrific amostphere, and yeah, background whispers, childrens laughter outta make the game even more intense.

They should focus on shadows more, that way it can spice an even better horrific amostphere, and yeah, background whispers, childrens laughter outta make the game even more intense.

Dude like, the elementary school in SH1 is way fucking 'out there' on the scariness scale.

Edited by Agozer