Official: Silent Hill thread

Mag

And Samael is NOT Satan.  He's a completely different angel.  Do some research.  :P  I suggest Shin Megami Tensei's Nocturne.  That's where I get most of my demon info.  Also, for all you Americans out there (sorry Ago), Digital Devil Saga (also a SMT game) comes out in February.  Get it.  Support one of the most kick-ass series alive.

I really didn't want to put out the impression that Samael was Satan (poor wording on my part perhaps), I just needed a rough comparision. Damn you SMT for not thinking of the Europeans. Oh well, at least I got the two SNES ones.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here ever finish the original Silent Hill ? I'm still working on it of course, from the begining, right now at school. My god, there is no horror game as worst as this, well maybe Doom 3, but this one scares the crap out of ye.

So far I completed Silent Hill 2 and 3, didn't bought 4 yet since I'm on budget.

me and -Violence- played 1,2 and 3 together and got all endings except for Dog ending in SH2, never played 4, it doesnt turn me on yet....mabey when i can get it for cheap used

Finish all the Silent Hill series. Silent Hill 3 is the best for more detailed story made and good graphics which totally different from any other prequels/sequels. (Example, clothes changing effect the cinematics as well.)

Silent Hill 2 is the most confusing in which I don't know which is the suitable answer of what happened to James' wife before her death.

Got all the endings for every title but I keep the rumor kept saying that there is an UFO ending for Silent Hill 4 in which I still couldn't figure it out of how. :P

Silent Hill 2 is the most confusing in which I don't know which is the suitable answer of what happened to James' wife before her death.

I have a few of my own comments regarding James' wife. But since it's sort of a spoiler, I won't say anything here. :P

Edited by Agozer

I have a few of my own comments regarding James' wife. But since it's sort of a spoiler, I won't say anything here. :D

I know that, reading comments from certain forums and FAQ writers. But considering as the first time when you play the game, you might probably find it confusing too. Not only James' wife, the other one who looked like James's wife (I totally forgot what's her name :P ) in other story. :D

I have a few of my own comments regarding James' wife. But since it's sort of a spoiler, I won't say anything here. :)

I know that, reading comments from certain forums and FAQ writers. But considering as the first time when you play the game, you might probably find it confusing too. Not only James' wife, the other one who looked like James's wife (I totally forgot what's her name :P ) in other story. B)

Yeah, you're right about that. Btw, the lookalike's name was Maria.

is the 2nd one any good? I've thought of buying the pc version

Every single one of them is good. What kind of a question is that? :P

Edited by Agozer

There's also always a secret ending involving aliens abducting the main character.  I wonder what purpose they serve?  Beings of Samael perhaps?

Here's the Wikipedia definiation of Silent Hill; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill

It's a joke ending.

Don't give me your excuses...

actually the plot of sh1 was very confusing and twisted.

tehre was some stuff that hadta do with drugs and hallucinagenics , and a cult, and a fallen angel's sign.... it's messed up.

point in hand when pressed on it , i can't remember which designer said there wasn't really much of a plot, sh1 was made as a nightmare simulator, so it only needed a small concept (chasing his daughter) to work, much like most nightmares, the rest wasn't really made to make sense, except in a "i'm dreaming of a nightmare so wierd things make sense " kinda way

edit:

Oh, and the shin megami tensei series flockING RULES

it's WAY better than ANY rpg series i've ever played (except chrono trigger and a few other exceptions)

more mature than any (except shadowrun)

it's a series that deserves WAY MORE.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

actually the plot of sh1 was very confusing and twisted.

tehre was some stuff that hadta do with drugs and hallucinagenics , and a cult, and a fallen angel's sign.... it's messed up.

point in hand when pressed on it , i can't remember which designer said there wasn't really much of a plot, sh1 was made as a nightmare simulator, so it only needed a small concept (chasing his daughter) to work, much like most nightmares, the rest wasn't really made to make sense, except in a "i'm dreaming of a nightmare so wierd things make sense " kinda way

edit:

Oh, and the shin megami tensei series flockING RULES

it's WAY better than ANY rpg series i've ever played (except chrono trigger and a few other exceptions)

more mature than any (except shadowrun)

it's a series that deserves WAY MORE.

Thankfully, the SMT series is finally hitting shores here. I've heard it took a while because it seemed so anti-christian.