What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Xenogears - never had a psx so I'm having fun playing all the great RPG's I missed on epsxe. Really must say this is one of the best translated japanese RPG's I've played. Maybe they've all been better since then, but it beats the pants off official translations on the SNES and Genesis. Great storyline too.

I like the mix of character and gear level combat throughout the game. My only complaint is that its not very hard combat. I've yet to find a fight that was remotely challenging. Also, I'm a little confused by the combo option. Is it better to do wait and do four combos at once rather than one at a time?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always use ll my combo points n one go. And yes, it's really a great game, but I've been heariaring that Disc 2 is subpar compared to the first... Don't know if this is true though.

Square moved people from the Xenogears team to work on Final Fantasy VIII. Also, at one point it was almost certain that Xenogears would never see an english translation, since only one person was ultimately in charge of translating the whole script in the end.

Quake 3

Havn't played it in a long time so I've been trying to get used to playing it over the past few days.

Yeah, it's so hard to get used to such a fast paced game. I've been playing Hitman 2 recently so when I went to play QIII it was just so weird and I got owned.

I finally tried Namco X Capcom. It's an OK game and it's pretty flawed. The whole thing is just self fed fanservice with all the characters. It wasn't advertised as it was, an SRPG. Very similar to Valkairy Profile in fights with button combos and stuff. My japanese is limited but thats what I see in the game. Very so-so game.