What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Peopel said Bioshock was "bad" ?

WTF It's like GOTY quality.

Yes there were some who said that believe it or not. Goes to show that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

:(

I was one of those people :o

Didn't like it because the weapon mechanics took a quanitity over quality approach. There were too many plasmids and tonics and while they mostly looked different, didn't really do different things. The enemies were boring, the shooting was not visceral enough, and Gryph is right in saying the movement is of- Johnnie or whatever feels like a rag doll on steroids.

My biggest problems with the game are the parts people hype up... first off the setting. It's underwater.. so what? It's not the first game to do that. When people throw around words like 'art deco' or 'dystopia', they are just showing they have no clue what's going on, but like to feel that they enjoy a game that is a bit more intellectual. The story is also pretty immature itself; a bunch of random people's memos? People bagged out Doom 3 for using PDAs to progress the story while the laud Bioshock for doing the same thing?

Finally the moral choice business... easily the biggest gimmick and worst let down on a promise I've ever seen. It's not all bad, but not all good either. 10/10? No. GOTY? Hell no. Especially given all the A++ titles that came out in 2007.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just started playing black on xbox1.what a game.

Black is unfair to the point of aggravating and the strange design choices don't make it any better. Sure, it looks sorta nice on occasion and feels like it should, again, on occasion. But the stuff inbetween acts as a brutal reminder of how you should not design a game.

just started playing black on xbox1.what a game.

Black is unfair to the point of aggravating and the strange design choices don't make it any better. Sure, it looks sorta nice on occasion and feels like it should, again, on occasion. But the stuff inbetween acts as a brutal reminder of how you should not design a game.

The game is fun, the most annoying thing about it is that you can't skip the awful cutscenes.

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Great game for the Game Boy Color. It adds features over the orginal Nes classic. You can now save at any time. You can also replay any level you have finished which is a nice feature since it includes a picture album that shows enemies defeated and other things according to how you defeat each bowser and how many fireworks you get. You also get a simple map like SMB3 to show your progress in that level.: There are 2 added bonus things. One is Super Mario Bros. 2 Japan, which is awesome and extremely difficult, at least for me, the other is this race against a Boo, which is fun and frustrating at times. The only thing I didn't like was that the screen was too small so you have to push up and down to see the rest of it, but you can say it adds some challenge. It's a great game and I recommend it to remember the old times. ;)

Professor Layton and the Curious Village on DS.

It's a fantastic game, pretty much just a standard point & click adventure with some

really good and interesting puzzles. The story line is quite good too!

The worst thing about this game is how infuriating the puzzles can be,

if the puzzle seems too hard, it most likely is a trick question!

Peopel said Bioshock was "bad" ?

WTF It's like GOTY quality.

Yes there were some who said that believe it or not. Goes to show that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

:-(

I was one of those people :lol:

Didn't like it because the weapon mechanics took a quanitity over quality approach. There were too many plasmids and tonics and while they mostly looked different, didn't really do different things. The enemies were boring, the shooting was not visceral enough, and Gryph is right in saying the movement is of- Johnnie or whatever feels like a rag doll on steroids.

My biggest problems with the game are the parts people hype up... first off the setting. It's underwater.. so what? It's not the first game to do that. When people throw around words like 'art deco' or 'dystopia', they are just showing they have no clue what's going on, but like to feel that they enjoy a game that is a bit more intellectual. The story is also pretty immature itself; a bunch of random people's memos? People bagged out Doom 3 for using PDAs to progress the story while the laud Bioshock for doing the same thing?

Finally the moral choice business... easily the biggest gimmick and worst let down on a promise I've ever seen. It's not all bad, but not all good either. 10/10? No. GOTY? Hell no. Especially given all the A++ titles that came out in 2007.

Pretty much agreed.