* Ability to edit Half-Life 2 maps

* Maya model exporter

* 3d Studio Max model exporter source code

* Sample MOD with vehicles

Source Updates

* HTTP and non-HTTP map auto downloading functionality

* Enhanced dedicated server logging capabilities

* Various tweaks and fixes

Also: A Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map Making Contest has been announced. The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $5,000. Two runner up entries will receive a cash prize of $3,000.

Restart Steam ASAP if you want in on all this goodness!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow.... i just downlaoded it and guess what... halfife 2 wont run anymore :(. lol... i just checked some other forums and turns out a hell lot of people are having the same issues i am. damnit i just got it yesterday :lol: can i atleast finish the single player before valve goes and breaks it.

wow.... i just downlaoded it and guess what... halfife 2 wont run anymore :(. lol... i just checked some other forums and turns out a hell lot of people are having the same issues i am. damnit i just got it yesterday  :lol: can i atleast finish the single player before valve goes and breaks it.

o thank god im not alone...whats goin on here????

hey blue, try this:

go to start, run , and type in steam://validate/320 let it validate ur files and see what happens...im doin so right now...

k, that didnt do jack

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

yeah i already tryed the whole validating stuff.. nothing changed. Im so pissed off i almost wana get my money back... but i guess ill just calm down and what for valve to fix there issue. hell i could careless about the dm... but i cant even play the singleplayer :lol: bastards i tell u bastards.

yeah i already tryed the whole validating stuff.. nothing changed. Im so pissed off i almost wana get my money back... but i guess ill just calm down and what for valve to fix there issue. hell i could careless about the dm... but i cant even play the singleplayer :lol: bastards i tell u bastards.

yes i feel u. even though patience is a virtue, we bought the damn game. i can understand a little if the mod doesnt work, but the game we actually bought doesnt even work. its like, steam is taking all of our products away. this is retarded....

ok, 5mins later...

it works i guess? im guessin the great server of steam....was jammed packed or sumthin. i still stand corrected though, that was a retarded problem....

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

YOu need to go online in order to play HL2?

Why I dun need to go?  :lol:

Well, you can use Steam if Offline mode, but Steam needs to be running.

The deathmatch addon should be interesting, i just wonder why is it that so many people have problems with it....So you're saying that HL2 won't even start after deathmatch has been installed?

Edited by Agozer

YOu need to go online in order to play HL2?

Why I dun need to go?  :lol:

Because you pirated the game. If you use Steam, you will be banned. You won't be able to get HL2 DM unless some warez group releases a separate update and you won't be able to play on legit servers.

Edited by GryphonKlaw