Official: Half Life 2 Thread

Mag

Awesome! What kind of speed are you getting with it? The Source engine is very nice, it's a good thing it scales all the way back to DX7. :blink:

No lag at all!!! The only minor gripe is the loading time when you move to a new section. But I can bear with it since I never tot I could

play this game at all!!! This really make up for my disappointment with Doom3 (which I can' t play!) Good old Valve!

Post some screenies, I want to see it :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! What kind of speed are you getting with it? The Source engine is very nice, it's a good thing it scales all the way back to DX7. :punk:

No lag at all!!! The only minor gripe is the loading time when you move to a new section. But I can bear with it since I never tot I could

play this game at all!!! This really make up for my disappointment with Doom3 (which I can' t play!) Good old Valve!

Post some screenies, I want to see it :D

How to? I dun know how :D And it will be next Monday before I can do that. My broadband at home is down and currently I am connecting from office :D But believe me.

My comp spec basically is P4 1.something Ghz (can't remember),

Geforce2 (using DX7, which can be seen in HL2. But they will initiate

software using DX9) 256 RAM of memory. That's it!

And I must say even on the limited configuration for me, the game still look really nice. The bgm is mind-blowing and approriate (I like the music when Combine soldiers are storming the place), the sfx

is so accurate. And the facial expressions on the NPC are marvelous.

You can see the emotions so clearly on the face!

And I hate that flocking manhacks :blink::lol:

The default screenshot key is F5. And man hacks are fine when you get the gravity gun since you can capture them and just smash them against a wall or another enemy.

I can't wait. I heard you can do amazing thing with the G gun.

And yes, the physics of this game is top of the world. The best I have ever seen!

I am now really looking forward to CS:Source. It should be as good as this :blink:

CS:S is basically the same as the older CS. Physics doesn't affect anything gameplay wise.

But graphically, it will be enhanced, rite?

I can't wait to snipe someone's head off <_<

Yeah, it's enhanced. But it doesn't look as good as it could because it has to be fast for online play.

No matter, it will still r0x0r!!

I played HL2 with my friend and when you get into the first apartment building, we threw all the furniture, TV's, paintings, pots through the windows down to the street. It was sweet.

Another cool thing is that the Barnacles will pick up anything you throw at them.

i played half life 2 at my brother in-laws house and that game really kicks ass! i really liked throwing cans and botlles etc. at ppl :lol: the only thing is that u have to be aware of ur sorroundings which was very hard for someone like me :lol: but all in all i liked it :lol::lol::lol: