Official: Half Life 2 Thread

Mag

1024x768 (tried at 1152x864 and it ran smooth too), Everything high, Reflect All, 4xAF, No AA. You can definitely do that and probably do 8xAF and 2xAA as well.

For those who have beaten HL1 and HL2 (or don't really care about the story and spoilers), here's a handy Half-Life story timeline. http://members.shaw.ca/storage_4/hl2story/

Edited by GryphonKlaw

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1024x768 (tried at 1152x864 and it ran smooth too), Everything high, Reflect All, 4xAF, No AA. You can definitely do that and probably do 8xAF and 2xAA as well.

For those who have beaten HL1 and HL2 (or don't really care about the story and spoilers), here's a handy Half-Life story timeline. http://members.shaw.ca/storage_4/hl2story/

Dude, did Half-Life 2 automatically recommended ythose settings, or did you change them yourself?

I get stuttering and all, but I'll look into Steampowered for some answers.

Edited by Agozer

Well it recommended 1024x768, High, Reflect World, and Trilinear Filtering. But the settings I chose didn't cause a dent in performance.

Actually, that stuttering seems to be a wide spread problem and they released a patch I think. Read this: http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/s...php?p_faqid=280

Yeah, I checked that, but I don't think I'm ready to use ATi Beta drivers yet. I have the Catalyst drivers. What are you using btw?

I did update my VIA chipset drivers though, let's see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Agozer

I did update my VIA chipset thing, and it does run smoother with the settings you use, albeit some occasional stuttering when turning around corners and such

Edited by Agozer

It only stuttered for me after loading but I just let it sit there for a second and then moved.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I think all will be well.

EDIT: So you installed the 11/11/04 ATi Catalyst beta and have not side-effects whatsoever?

Edited by Agozer

None whatsoever. I was using the latest Omega drivers before that but those haven't updated in a while. Whenever he rolls out with a new version of Omegas based on the latest Catalysts, I'll install those.

Thanks. I'll install the Catalyst betas them.

I think i got problems with my "pirated" copy.

Everytime I play the game again the next day, all the A.I is disabled.

There will be a msg on the screen telling you that. So, basically I can go around shooting all the enemies, and they won't even flinch but still dies anyway :banghead: Anyone know how to solve this?:afro: