FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

Hi everyone ;)

I started a new thread cause that would be easier to report bugs here, suggestions, or any ideas :)

As you know, there had been a lot of changes in FBA this last months, mostly on games drivers :thumbsup1:

Porting all that code on FBA-XXX Pro is definitly a pain in the ass, that required a lot of work, time etc...

Moreover, as i had some moments while i didn't code, a lot of work is out of date :shootem: lol

So i would reupdate the code step by step, and that would be easy to test all the stuff, as we're a lot of testers :P

However, there's pretty code parts of code i of course keep in the build, i think to the PGM drivers modified by iq_132 and also kaneko16 drivers :banghead: )

That's why i restarted the three biggest fish, CPS1, CPS2 and Neogeo, by using exactly the same code as FBA 0.2.96.99, which match MAME 0.128 sets (also few sets that's aren't in MAME) ----> http://www.barryharris.me.uk/article_view.php?id=130

ATM there's a pretty good results, I didn't find an issue with it :huh:

here's the romset ----> http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/cps1.c

For CPS2, i found an issue with Hyper Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition (Asia and Japanese version), the game simply doesn't draw :ph34r: (this issue was already in all the previous build i made).

Also noticed a memory leak, if you set FBA-XXX Pro to debug mode, about 1Mo of RAM is lost every time you quit a game (and so once a while the Xbox will crash :D ).

Except that problems that works pretty well :D , it's the same romset has MAME (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/cps2.c) + Phoenix sets + Capcom Sports Club Rent version

Finally, Neogeo stuff has been completly redone with code of FBA 0.2.96.99 (still keep GogoAckman VMM code, which works incredibly well :naughty: ):

- Support for Unibios 2.3,

- MAME romset (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/driverinfo/neodrvr.c),

- Speed up games loading: when you launch a game, it will be automatically detected if the game need VMM. If don't, the game will be entierely stored in RAM, which is definitly more faster than previously (even the smallest games were stored in A file on HDD, which is slow).

- If a game needs VMM, all the sprite data will be stored in a file (like in previous builds ;) , but that time the final content of the file (after the sprite data have been decrypted, decoded) is currently saved in the FBA-XXX Pro directory (if you launch kof98, you gonna find a kof98.bin). When you will launch the game for the second time, the sprite data will be directly reading on the file, which reduce over 70% the loading time :D

That make a lot of stuff to test lol :blink: , i have to deal with the last Neogeo games (20 or 25 to do ;) ), and that part will be done :banghead:

For the testers, i will send you the build in 2 days (i have important real life stuff to deal with lol), just can you send me your email? :rolleyes: (same for those who asked for testing recently)

Have a good night and thanks you all :(

Mooooooooooo!

PS: always keep in mind i'm terribly forgetful, if i don't repply to a PM that's just i forget it lmao (sorry for that :unsure: )

Edited by - kenshiro -

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aka blue balls? lol theres so many things i could say , sounds almost like a cry for help do we need to start the "kenshiro needs a date" thread. sounds like someone needs a nocturnal discharge

all joking aside thx for the head's up on what is in store for us with the next beta

Hey guys,

I don't know how many people pay attention to the feature SAVING HI-SCORES but for me it is very important. I love to play and collect my scores, make comparisons with my friend scores, organizer everything and so on...

But as you may know, only Mameox128 Plus has the ability to save Hi-Scores (it stores all the recorded points on a HISCORE.DAT file, separated from the roms).

FBA-XXX does not present this wonderfult feature, so I have been thinking for a while to find a FEASIBLE/DOABLE/QUICKLY workaround for this and got a idea...

My idea is some kind of FAKE SCORE saving, but I think it could be very cool.

Imagine if we could have on the settings of FBA-XXX two options called AUTO-SAVE-STATE ON EXIT and AUTO-LOAR-STATE. Everytime you exit a game, the emulator automatically creates a save-state for you, and when you enter the game the emulator automatically loads the game for you. This could be nice...

Let's say - I play my daily Final Fight session, got to the end of my coins, game over for me, I do register my name in the game's score board, it goes back to the

start screen --- THEN I EXIT the game --- Emulator saves the state. Next time, when I load, the score is still there!!!

Of course that - if we exit a game right in the middle, the game will restar right in the middle next time, and this could be annoying. So, this is a feature focused only on the people who play for high scores. When you play for high scores, you will ever know that you should leave the game after etering your name in the game's score gallery.

I go even far... This option could be present ONLY IN THE IN-GAME menu, so you will be able to start it only for the games you really want, and not for all of them.

Well, just a random idea.

I'm not a developer, so, I don't know if it is possible to implement.

Cheers!

Cospefogo.

Why not just simple share it - or do you like to send them one by one .

Yeah that's a good idea, i already think to that, and didn't see any problems to do that. It's looks complicate to send one by one, and share it needs i have to post the source code on each release. One alternative solution should be test it a bit after share it, and release "smalls" builds step by step (of course with source code). It's definitly impossible (and silly lol) to update it in one time :blink: , that's why i never release a buils atm <_< ,and that's will result in an unstable s*** lol .

I love the code name. :D But I'm a bit sad you didn't go with "project 'I'm going to f*ck your mom.'"

I'll not give the name of the idiot who suggest that name lol :clapping: ( original name was project 'bullballs" lmao )

How we can obtain this beta? i'd like givin' my little help in testing.

Just by sending me an email ;)

Cospefogo, that looks like good ideas :D , i can't tell you atm if it would be a pain to code that :thumbsup1:

BTW, thanks for all the support, that's pretty motivated :thumbsup1: