BIGGEST WOW of all time?

It wan't a console game (at first), but I remember being blown away by Wing Commander III: It was the first game I can remember playing that had full-screen FMV, with Hollywood actors playing the parts for a computer game! (Was William Shatner in it or am I just tripping?)

EDIT: I just looked into it, and even better it was Mark Hammil (IE Luke Skywalker)

Edited by random guy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your all drunk.

Super mario

donkey kong country

comix zone

aladdin on the mega drive

super metroid

half life on the PC.

Oh and metroid prime was completly outstanding as well.

Chrono trigger was also an eye opener.

All of you should look out for a game coming out known as KILLZONE its due on PS2 before summer time.

• 2 weeks later...

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue

Sonic & Knuckles

Streets of Rage 2 (am I a Sega nut, or what :blink:)

Silent Hill 2 & 3

CvsSNK2

MvsC2

Comix Zone

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

VIEWTIFUL JOE (I cried for about a week on how good it was. Cried for one more week when I found out I only played it for 10 minutes!)

I am sure I have more, but my memory is as good as... well, its not good (I couldn't come up with anything clever to say).

Anon.

Here's my list and what I played them on:

Ninja Gaiden (Arcade, NES)

Altered Beast (Arcade)

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Arcade)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

Final Fight (Arcade)

Rebel Assault (PC)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Mortal Kombat (Arcade, etc...)

Street Fighter Alpha (Arcade, etc...)

Final Fantasy VII (PSX)

King of Fighters '97 (Import PSX)

Virtua Fighter 2 (Arcade)

Samurai Showdown IV (Arcade)

Area 51 (Arcade)

Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

Tekken 3 (Arcade, PSX)

StarCraft (PC)

Garou: MOTW (Dreamcast)

Street Fighter III (Arcade)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (Arcade)

Devil May Cry (PS2)

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 (PS2, Xbox)

:blink:

Edited by stealthcat

Raiden II :

I was pretty suprised at it's graphics when I first saw it, they are really smooth and when enemy units explode, then leave the ground with a hole as well..... ^^

Marvel VS Capcom :

I basically ignored XvSF and MvSF because I wasn't really interested, same with X-Men COTD and MSH, but then, Megaman, Strider Hiryu, Captain Commando, in a fighting game! And look at all the cool effects! (Err, the super moves! XD) It's the only time I started playing the VS series..... ^^

Battle Arena Toshinden :

It's smooth, has nice color, and didn't play like Tekken or Virtua Fighter, it played like Street Fighter! Also it has very nice backgrounds (Unlike Virtua Fighter/Tekken) and has extra details like people breathing when knocked down..... ^^

Tekken :

I didn't really like Virtua Fighter when I first saw it because of it's flat shading and 30 FPS gameplay, but when I saw Tekken on it's texture mapped polygons and 60 FPS gameplay, and...... Law's kick grab.... It always grabbed people's attention..... XD

i now have proof that some of you smoke crack.

super mario world

granted, some of you may not be old enough to remember the initial release of the snes, but i can remember standing in software etc for HOURS playing mario world.

donkey kong country

i wanted this game to have my babies. so much so that my mom bought me the game for christmas, but i couldnt wait. i rented it and played it at friends houses to completion, and mom ended up returning it.

super mario 64

i dont think anyone can claim that teir jaws didnt hit the floor when they first saw this game.

final fantasy vii

i think this one goes without saying. although i must say that i was not one of the losers who cried when aerith died.

dead or alive extreme beach volleyball

this game set a new standard for character modeling... mmm... delicious digital breasteses. even more wowing was that venus bikini, and the amount of time i threw away trying to see christie wear it.

ikaruga

my last choice may not have that much WOW factor when you look at it, but when you play it you see just how great it really is.