The Ring 1 and 2

alexis

Amazing movies, the first one really scared the crap out of me, outstanding job for both the japanese and the american version, the japanese actually scares you even more, really cool, being adult no terror movie scares me anymore as whan i was a child and saw Friday 13th or Freddy but this movie, is great, really great, now the second part, it is more like a drama movie and a mixture with carrie and romeo and juliet hehehe anyway it was also good only ti is not scary but it kinda shock you anyway........ well after that movie you can realise why she is pissed off

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with ya there. The first movie has to rate as one of the all time scariest movies ever.

I was such a chicken crap that i couldn't look into the tv for ages after without waiting for some crazed chick to crawl out.

ring 1 and 2? whats the 2? lol the american version?

it kinda makes me mad the usa remaking japanese horror :) im not sure why. Like has anyone seen Ju-On.. ? if you havent you should check it out. Its almost like the ring. Anyways but just the other day i saw a preview for the grudge which is just an american version... again. its still even in japan but the main characters are replaced with white people :naughty:. Anyways check out the japanese release..im sure ill see the american one sooner or later.

after the Ring they released a prequel called Ring 0 which is the sort of how it starts but not that scary imo, any it is very good too,

Ju On? never heard of it, but i will look info on it, i always liked japanese and chinese tails, well most of them, some are way too dramatic

I saw the original japanese one, Ringu. Makes it less confessing when talking about the movies if you just refer to the titles correctly i.e. Ringu=Japanese. I think Ringu did a better job of building up the tension and suspense till the very end. It works more on a psychological level to scare you than it's U.S. counterpart.

I also find it annoying that they're doing so many remakes. J-lo and Richard Geere are starring in a remake of the japanese film "Shall We Dance", a hilarious must watch movie..but in no way will the remake they're doing be able to convey what the original did.

Edited by Sturmvogel

sorry i was not able to tell that it was Ringu as here it is also called the ring. Besides Ringu 0 has some differences in the plot that might make it impossible to make an american counterpart, in the ending titles it says they are based on the books or some guy, it would be interesting to read about them, usually books are much more interesting than movies

Ringu was not remotely scary, in fact i laughed my ass off from looking at the ghost because of the close up of that huge slanted eye! hahaha Ju-On (the Grudge) looks lame too...but i blame that on casting the movie i wanna see turned americanized is Suicide Club!!! "BECAUSE DEAD! WILL SHINE ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!"