Manhunt ban?

Should violent games like this be banned?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Germany is really flaky when it comes to video games. Anyone remember the german version of Carmageddon 2? B)

ZOMBIES!! AAAAH!! But it was so cool that SCI released a patch on the intarweb to fix that. The Walmart version in the US was the same as well. That game is so good...sooo good.

Yeah, Germany is really flaky when it comes to video games. Anyone remember the german version of Carmageddon 2? B)

ZOMBIES!! AAAAH!! But it was so cool that SCI released a patch on the intarweb to fix that. The Walmart version in the US was the same as well. That game is so good...sooo good.

By "Walmart Version" you mean a certain copy that was sold in Walmart?

I never saw how green blood did an adequete job of censoring...

Like in HotD3, the blood was green, but you can change it back to red in the settings menu anyway...

I always assumed that zombie blood WAS green, and that, if I shot a zombie, green blood would come out of it's wounds. But then, I don't really know these things.

I never saw how green blood did an adequete job of censoring...

Like in HotD3, the blood was green, but you can change it back to red in the settings menu anyway...

I always assumed that zombie blood WAS green, and that, if I shot a zombie, green blood would come out of it's wounds.  But then, I don't really know these things.

Well, zombies are dead humans come to life. B) So red blood it should be.

While working retail, I saw parents who would ONLY buy mature rated games to play with their elementary-school-age kids because they thought anything less than an M rating meant it was boring. Obviously, rating systems can backfire without responsible adults. :P

No, I don't think games should be banned by a government, but I do respect the rights of individual companies to not carry certain games (BMX XXX anyone?).

However, I do think parents and public-media outlets that blame real-life violence on video games should be nuetered and banned, respectively. There are a thousand places anyone, child or not, can be exposed to ultra-violence in just about any form, but whenever something happens, everyone's got to find a scapegoat *cough*redherring*cough*.

Edited by Daeval

Well in some themes, the zombies are ressurected using some kind of scientific-breakthrough-gone-wrong. I thought that maybe, their blood was simply replaced with the ooze from TMNT. Though, your explanation makes sense as well. I guess it depends on the setting.