Manhunt ban?

Should violent games like this be banned?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You win only if you didn't know....

Indeed, I guessed (cuz from another forum) someone from the UK mentioned that Manhunt was gonna be banned in the UK. So I somewhat put two to two together. Since this person that created this thread was mentioning it, that he/she must be from it.

Here's a question. Does an American really care what game is banned in another country or vice versa?

Edited by Skythe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question. Does an American really care what game is banned in another country or vice versa?

I don't care but I do like to laugh and mock the citizens of the countries whose government ban games. Muahahaha! Take that you Germans and British and Brazilians! MUAHAHAA!

Naw, you can smuggle stuff into it, the ban isn't totally lifted in Greece. But a game like this, you'd have to smuggle it in.

I don't care but I do like to laugh and mock the citizens of the countries whose government ban games. Muahahaha! Take that you Germans and British and Brazilians! MUAHAHAA!

Two of these countries have completely banned the death penalty, and the third one only keeps it for ordinary crimes (except crimes under military law or crimes committed in exceptional circumstances).

So the game wouldn't have been credible in these countries anyway :-D

well, its not the government which banned the game it was apparently a couple of stores doing it as a mark of respect.

I don't think any game has actually been actually banned here in britain, its just all the people trying to blame games that pisses me right OFF! the US has had its fair share of this too.

Edited by BobRedthorp

Two of these countries have completely banned the death penalty, and the third one only keeps it for ordinary crimes (except crimes under military law or crimes committed in exceptional circumstances).

So the game wouldn't have been credible in these countries anyway :lol:

How do you define an "ordinary crime"?

Shoplifting is an ordinary crime and I'd like to hope that country doesn't execute people for shoplifting? :-D

How do you define an "ordinary crime"?

Shoplifting is an ordinary crime and I'd like to hope that country doesn't execute people for shoplifting? :-D

Ooops I meant they abolished it for ordinary crimes, and kept it only for extraordinary ones.

Abolitionist for Ordinary Crimes

Countries whose laws provide for the death penalty only for exceptional crimes such as crimes under military law or crimes committed in exceptional circumstances.

That's what's said here. I have to admit it really isn't precise...