Manga

can mangas be ordered via mail or such?

Yes they can. In it's original Japanese form if it has not yet be liscensed, or English/Spanish/French/other ones I can't think of- if it is liscensed. Oh yeah, there hasn't been an anime i've seen thats exactly like the manga. A few have come close to, but never actually did it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the Battle Royale manga, it's pretty good. But I am not into manga or anime very much... well not the extent of you guys.

You mean the Battle Royale manga that was made into the Battle Royale movie? That movie is nasty.

I've read the Battle Royale manga, it's pretty good. But I am not into manga or anime very much... well not the extent of you guys.

You mean the Battle Royale manga that was made into the Battle Royale movie? That movie is nasty.

Well, there was a book first. The manga is close to the book. The movie is different from the manga and the book. A lot different, but they're still good.

Well, we are more fortunate here as we can get mangas easily.

Currently have Puppet Circus, Hunter X Hunter, Yuyu Hakusho and Eyeshield 21.

One Piece is also gread reading.

Yeah, lately I've been downloading manga scanslations and stuff. I'm becoming more and more interested in these Japanese comics; unlike American comics, they're so diverse and there's a lot of interesting ones I've never knew existed.

Lately I've been reading Tenjo Tenge scanslations, Midori no Hibi (getting a bit redundant though), and a bunch of others.

Also, I've been getting the Rurouni Kenshin manga. Up till now, I've only seen the OVAs and the butchered up cartoon series which used to air on Cartoon Network. The manga is a hell of a lot better; nothings been edited out and the cartoon series was based on the manga in the first place, and not vice versa. Only thing that annoys me is that this series now has a publisher in the U.S. so all the scanslations have been pulled off the web, and I had to resort to purchasing the volumes from a store -- though I'm glad to say nothing's been edited out, but it'll take years before the whole series is released into english.

So, anyone Japanese comic fans here? Post comments/whatever.

you been visiting snoopy cool?