Manga

Yeah, lately I've been downloading manga scanslations and stuff. I'm becoming more and more interested in these Japanese comics; unlike American comics, they're so diverse and there's a lot of interesting ones I've never knew existed.

Lately I've been reading Tenjo Tenge scanslations, Midori no Hibi (getting a bit redundant though), and a bunch of others.

Also, I've been getting the Rurouni Kenshin manga. Up till now, I've only seen the OVAs and the butchered up cartoon series which used to air on Cartoon Network. The manga is a hell of a lot better; nothings been edited out and the cartoon series was based on the manga in the first place, and not vice versa. Only thing that annoys me is that this series now has a publisher in the U.S. so all the scanslations have been pulled off the web, and I had to resort to purchasing the volumes from a store -- though I'm glad to say nothing's been edited out, but it'll take years before the whole series is released into english.

So, anyone Japanese comic fans here? Post comments/whatever.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read midori no hibi. I've also seen the kenshin series, before it was dubbed and licenced in the US, and it was a GREAT series. Sure it was like Dragonball Z in how many episodes the battle scenes pan out, but it was still awesome.

I've also seen the kenshin series, before it was dubbed and licenced in the US.

The Rurouni Kenshin movie was great and had a cool title as well: "Requiem for the Restoration Royalists".

Is the Ranma ½ manga any good?

so the difference between manga and anime is that manga is a comic and anime is the TV/DVD series right?

Yes, that is correct. Well, the ones that appear on DVD only are called OVAs. Original Video Animation.

Alright, I wrote a somewhat lengthy reply regarding the Kenshin T.V. series but got lost when my connection died.

So in a nutshell:

1) The last season (after death of Shishio) sucked because the T.V. producers made up their own story cuz they didn't want to wait around for the comic artist/creator to finish up the last arc of the story.

2) The Kenshin comic is much better due to the fact that everything that was on the t.v. series was based ON the manga, not vice versa.

3) To know the true ending to the story, you need to read the comic.

The Rurouni Kenshin movie was great and had a cool title as well: "Requiem for the Restoration Royalists".

Yes. It has more characters (Ryoga's girlfriend) and contains the "real" ending of the series.

Well Ranma 1/2 they used to show here in Spain in 1992 next to dragon Ball Z, i didn't like it too much, sometimes it was funny, you know a guy when he touches water becomes into a girl those kind of stuff, try getting a couple of episodes.