High-res Neowave Stuff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone claims to be gamers, and the first thing out of their mouths is "eew the graphics suck!"

since when did graphics matter so much?

It's not mainly about that, it's SNKP not using the power of the Atomiswave to improve an aging series.

I love how everyone claims to be gamers, and the first thing out of their mouths is "eew the graphics suck!"

Dude, eventually you get sick of seeing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Now it's just time for a damn change. I mean really. They've changed to new hardware now. Now we expect something new since they've changed. Test run or not, this game could of been better.

GryphonKlaw Posted on Jun 7 2004, 06:26 PM

QUOTE (smoke @ Jun 7 2004, 09:24 PM)

And I was thinking it would be KOF with double the resolution and better special effects. 

I'm just hoping that SNKP are going to do that for KOF2004. Ofcourse that's wishful thinking and probably won't happen for another few years

That's true, and sucks mad-balls!! This KOF doesn't even look half as good as say Street Fighter III.

No actually Kof looks better than SFIII, it's jst that SFIII has a higher frame rate making things look a little "shitake i dont know, nicer?" If kof had a higher frame rate like SFIII, clearity like GG and music matching the background with good sound affects like SS4, then that would be the sizzle for shizzle.

It's not really fair to compare them... Street Fighters sprites animation has always been more anime'sh then SNKs.

Dude, eventually you get sick of seeing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Now it's just time for a damn change. I mean really. They've changed to new hardware now. Now we expect something new since they've changed. Test run or not, this game could of been better.

Before, SNK could use the excuse "We are using 14 year old hardware... We can't make the animation any better!" (thought they did, for certain characters)

Now they are using a much more powerful engine, and there is really no excuse to STILL, after 14 years be using some of the same damn sprites that were in the original kof94....

I'm willing to bet that this game... like so many other kofs, won't have any new combo system, nothing original for power ups, and the bosses will still be overpowered and cheap.... instead of having a good AI

Character Tweaks. The removel of Angel, K9999, Seth(Who I think should be in the game because 1) He's black, 2) He's badass) Ramon, Vanessa, May Lee and Kim.

The combo system is realitivly the same. The only character with a new move is Saishu, although his move is made up of existing anims(LAME!)

The only thing realtively new is the new "HEAT" system which replaces the old system used in 2k2. Heat enables you do to a "special" move (nothing new yet again) and could certainly turn the tables during a game.

Character Tweaks. The removel of Angel, K9999, Seth(Who I think should be in the game because 1) He's black, 2) He's badass) Ramon, Vanessa, May Lee and Kim.

The combo system is realitivly the same. The only character with a new move is Saishu, although his move is made up of existing anims(LAME!)

The only thing realtively new is the new "HEAT" system which replaces the old system used in 2k2. Heat enables you do to a "special" move (nothing new yet again) and could certainly turn the tables during a game.

Sounds lame... the new backgrounds do nothing for me... 'cause in my opinion 2d and 3d don't mix...

SOO basicly... just the same old crap with 3d backgrounds?

Ramon? That guy was like a bootlegg yamasaki. If you want a black guy bring back heavy d, he kicked azz, I think he inspierd dudley and maxima. I think they need to make like a boxing team: Vanessa, heavy d, and some other mofo, NEW CHARACTER!

and whats your problem trying to take out angel? She's flocking hot! and she combos really well.