Kao Megura Passed Away

5/19/04 12:30PM Truly A Legend.

It's with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that Chris MacDonald, known to most of you as Kao Megura, passed away earlier this week well before his time.

Chris wasn't just a contributor to GameFAQs, he was the contributor. Still one of the most prolific and well-respected contributors to this site, he created probably the most well-known and well-read (and not to mention well-written) FAQs on the whole of the Internet back in 1997 for Final Fantasy VII. That guide alone is still used and credited today as the inspiration for countless authors to follow. From my own correspondence with him, I can also tell you that he was a great guy to get to know.

Not merely GameFAQs, not just the Internet, but the world as a whole has lost someone special, and he will be truly missed. I truly believe that GameFAQs as we know it today would not have existed without him.

Friends, acquaintances, and even those who were just inspired or helped without ever even knowing him personally who wish to send comments and rememberances may send them to kao@gamefaqs.com. This mail will go to his family, not to me, so please use it appropriately. Charitable donations can be made to UNICEF.

Sad day for Gamefaqs. This is the guy who wrote all those FAQs for almost every KOF or fighting game related FAQ. We will never see another FAQ from him again. Only those who wish to continue his style of writing them. The man wrote 60 contributions for GameFaqs. He's one of the originals who got Gamefaqs off the ground. R.I.P.

RIP kao.. ;)

Always enjoy yer Marvel vs. Capcom 2 faqs.. didnt even know ye good with Anakaris, you really show those ppl that give up on using him, great job..and especially the FF Faqs.. never would of thought it would be so detail and resourceful. :D

see u in the after life :D

btw. L.S.D, if u would of pay attention at the news.. it was mentioned in the very begining.