For Those Who Play Fighting Games

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

As for the topic...I play 'cause I love good fights...and the spectacle of it all...

Aw man! I know that place! My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian so I was able to play a crap load of free games. That place is teh 0wn!

which place? Fun-Plex? 'cause if its that...it is NOT "teh 0wn"...I oughtta know...it was my first job...

Well I got to play all the games for free whenever I went so it was awesome.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

As for the topic...I play 'cause I love good fights...and the spectacle of it all...

Aw man! I know that place! My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian so I was able to play a crap load of free games. That place is teh 0wn!

which place? Fun-Plex? 'cause if its that...it is NOT "teh 0wn"...I oughtta know...it was my first job...

how long ago was that?

im truly confused myself on shoulder buttons and Saturn like controller setup. with shoulder buttons i seem to take somewhat more effort pressing them. the Saturn-like setup however, as cool as it is, i seem to mess up with attacks at times since the buttons are sort of close to each other (and my fingers arent fat either).

i love the 6-button setup but to honest, i ended up preferring the 4-button Neogeo control methods.

how long ago was that?

About 5 years ago. It's been a while but that was the highlight of that trip to Houston.

• 3 weeks later...

i play beat em ups because they really challenge my reflexes. i have a long history with all kinds of fighting coin ops. from Streetfighter1 right through to kof2003.

The satisfaction of pulling

off the special moves is really great too. combining what you have learned into combos is offcoure the best :unsure:

That is exactly the reason why i love kof so much. the sheer number of combos and the kewl characters!! :unsure:

Once it hits the second page and beyond, it's like old to me.

Those that are resurrected after a month are like red carpets to me....unless the bump was *really* important.