For Those Who Play Fighting Games

Perhaps I'll ask for them to bring a Guilty Gear XX #reload machine, now that would kick ass.

May I point out, with some sarcastic dismay, that the possible answer to that from the masses would be along the lines of "What the hell is this sh*t? Where are the cool 199+ hit air combos? This game sucks".

Seriously, America is too fixated with Marvel, just look at the recent hollywood movies and their blatant cash-in. Not that I don't enjoy Marvel...it's just...well, I think you get the idea.

I'll have you know that I like MvC2 for the Capcom part, and the ability to kick the ass of countless marvel characters. They deserve it for wearing tights.

(except Gambit, he's cool)(And Shuma-Gorath)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to get used to a joystick before I play so I usually go to a machine that no one is using and just practice the motions so I get a feel for it. I've been spoiled by controllers but I still don't mind arcade sticks.

That reminds me...I dunno about you all, but I've always had a hard time pulling off the QCF x 2 motion when facing right on a joystick...

...and I can't play Project Justice for the life of me on a stick, whereas MVC2 (capcoms stress reliever game) is strictly stick for me...

it all comes from where you started. I started in the arcade so sticks are no big deal to me. after a few rounds I am back 100%

now I can tell you as an OG sms, nes, pce, and genesis owner it took me over a year to get used to shoulder buttons. I still hate to use them in a fighting game. I always move the weak punch and kick to the shoulders. and never ever use the left shoulder buttons unless I have to.

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

As for the topic...I play 'cause I love good fights...and the spectacle of it all...

Aw man! I know that place! My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian so I was able to play a crap load of free games. That place is teh 0wn!

My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian

hey maybe you know my Dr. he's indian. you could get me a deal on my co-pays!!!

(Klaw I'm just messin' it just sounded funny you knew him cuz he was indian)

My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian

hey maybe you know my Dr. he's indian. you could get me a deal on my co-pays!!!

(Klaw I'm just messin' it just sounded funny you knew him cuz he was indian)

Geez..that does sound weird. Let me elaborate, we know him because he a family member of one of our close friends who is Indian. There, that makes more sense now.

Some of you guys have to say a more elaborate explanation. This isn't one-liners club :P

Perhaps I'll ask for them to bring a Guilty Gear XX #reload machine, now that would kick ass.

May I point out, with some sarcastic dismay, that the possible answer to that from the masses would be along the lines of "What the hell is this sh*t? Where are the cool 199+ hit air combos? This game sucks".

Seriously, America is too fixated with Marvel, just look at the recent hollywood movies and their blatant cash-in. Not that I don't enjoy Marvel...it's just...well, I think you get the idea.

I'll have you know that I like MvC2 for the Capcom part, and the ability to kick the ass of countless marvel characters. They deserve it for wearing tights.

(except Gambit, he's cool)(And Shuma-Gorath)

I was trying to show my opinion that americans will eat from someone's hand as long as that someone was involved in making a product tht was in someway affiliated with Marvel. I got nothing against Marvel characters art-wise.

I have to get used to a joystick before I play so I usually go to a machine that no one is using and just practice the motions so I get a feel for it. I've been spoiled by controllers but I still don't mind arcade sticks.

That reminds me...I dunno about you all, but I've always had a hard time pulling off the QCF x 2 motion when facing right on a joystick...

...and I can't play Project Justice for the life of me on a stick, whereas MVC2 (capcoms stress reliever game) is strictly stick for me...

it all comes from where you started. I started in the arcade so sticks are no big deal to me. after a few rounds I am back 100%

now I can tell you as an OG sms, nes, pce, and genesis owner it took me over a year to get used to shoulder buttons. I still hate to use them in a fighting game. I always move the weak punch and kick to the shoulders. and never ever use the left shoulder buttons unless I have to.

yeah...I use the shoulders for my weaks too (should the fighter be a 6 button)...but I like to use the shoulders for that (especially on dreamcast, 'cause I can flick the trigger and make it extra effective)

or if the game has a button to guard...I put the guard on the shoulders

I can play fine with pretty much any sane controller or stick...'cept for gamecube (I know...its redundant...but its the only example of a BAD controller I have...)

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

As for the topic...I play 'cause I love good fights...and the spectacle of it all...

Aw man! I know that place! My parents know the guy that owns it because he's Indian so I was able to play a crap load of free games. That place is teh 0wn!

which place? Fun-Plex? 'cause if its that...it is NOT "teh 0wn"...I oughtta know...it was my first job...