For Those Who Play Fighting Games

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Vagrant Story turned out much better than I expected. Thanks for some of those infos.

Oh, so you went out and got it? Niiiiiiiiice. ;)

I would like to play for the hardcore competition, but that requires so much time. Time to learn and memorise lots of moves and combos. I honestly don't have that time for such a commitment. If you don't have the games on your PC, it also costs alot. And yes, as someone else said, I don't like challenging and competing with strangers at the local arcade, because most are knive brandishing homie thugs. No way am I going to challenge them.

I enjoy playing single player against the computer, because most of the time the AI gives me a decent challenge. I like finding out specials and supers, and pulling them off. I like seeing how storylines and individual character plotlines develop. I like to see what happens at the end. Again, I don't mind playing against the computer at all. I sometimes play against friends.

Also, because I like drawing, in particular drawing human/humanoid characters, I like fighting games because they present you with all these cool looking fighters that I can use in my drawings. Artwork and character design in fighting games are usually quite cool. I have downloaded a few fighting games not because I wanted to play them, but because the art in the screenshots looked good.

Tournaments require time and skill, two things I don't have enough of. So I'm just content playing with myself and my friends. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. All I know is that I would get completely owned at a fighting game tournament.

Out of curiosity, these arcades which knife-wielding thugs hang out at, are these in the ghettos or something?

I'm getting this picture of a badly run, poor lit, smoke filled crummy little room with a few broken down arcade cabinets with drug dealing thugs as its regular customers. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true, considering how the arcades are in America.

I got a friend (he's what some of you guys call a "hardcore gamer" lol) in the Navy; he was stationed in Japan for a while. From his report, the arcades there are just everywhere and it's doing great apparently. Competition can be found at any time of the day. Also, apparently there are "speciality arcades" catering to just Sega games, or KOF games, or Guilty Gear, or... you get the picture.

From all reports of other gamers who've visited Japan, arcades here in the states are garbage...and apparently much of the attitudes toward arcades from gamers here in America are drastically different than the Japanese -- that is, people here have a negative attitude toward arcade gaming and/or generally video games.

Out of curiosity, these arcades which knife-wielding thugs hang out at, are these in the ghettos or something?

I'm getting this picture of a badly run, poor lit, smoke filled crummy little room with a few broken down arcade cabinets with drug dealing thugs as its regular customers. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true, considering how the arcades are in America.

I got a friend (he's what some of you guys call a "hardcore gamer" lol) in the Navy; he was stationed in Japan for a while. From his report, the arcades there are just everywhere and it's doing great apparently. Competition can be found at any time of the day. Also, apparently there are "speciality arcades" catering to just Sega games, or KOF games, or Guilty Gear, or... you get the picture.

From all reports of other gamers who've visited Japan, arcades here in the states are garbage...and apparently much of the attitudes toward arcades from gamers here in America are drastically different than the Japanese -- that is, people here have a negative attitude toward arcade gaming and/or generally video games.

Actually I've seen two thugs start a fight in school right after one guy lost in MvC2. It was quite a sight to behold. I wanted to go "It's a video game you dumb flocks!!" But then they would have probably shot me so I kept my mouth shut.

Ah yes...which reminds me: MvC2 = the ONLY game America is #1 in, cuz no one else in the world plays that garbage. ;) Seriously.

I'm sure MvC2 is a lot of fun, but seriously, american arcades (and players alike) should show some variety.

Ah yes...which reminds me: MvC2 = the ONLY game America is #1 in, cuz no one else in the world plays that garbage. ;) Seriously.

I'm sure MvC2 is a lot of fun, but seriously, american arcades (and players alike) should show some variety.

Yeah, it's really bad. My school's arcade has TWO MvC2 machines and they got rid of the SF3: Second Impact machine. And no one plays any of the shooter games besides me which I shouldn't because people might think I'm a terrorist. And those assholes turned the blood and gore off for House of the Dead 2 so it sucks! Crisis Zone costs 2 quarters for each game while MvC2 costs just 1 so people play that more. Bunch of bitches. Perhaps I'll ask for them to bring a Guilty Gear XX #reload machine, now that would kick ass.

Perhaps I'll ask for them to bring a Guilty Gear XX #reload machine, now that would kick ass.

May I point out, with some sarcastic dismay, that the possible answer to that from the masses would be along the lines of "What the hell is this sh*t? Where are the cool 199+ hit air combos? This game sucks".

Seriously, America is too fixated with Marvel, just look at the recent hollywood movies and their blatant cash-in. Not that I don't enjoy Marvel...it's just...well, I think you get the idea.

Edited by Agozer