For Those Who Play Fighting Games

Ah yes...which reminds me: MvC2 = the ONLY game America is #1 in, cuz no one else in the world plays that garbage. ;) Seriously.

statistics shows that Asian arcade gamers (more than likely Chinese) are KOF/SNK nuts and in the US: SF/MVSC/2 gods :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I checked #Reload arcade machines weren't coming state side. Maybe I'm wrong since I get nothing at all.

The last time I checked #Reload arcade machines weren't coming state side. Maybe I'm wrong since I get nothing at all.

Oh well, the latest stateside Guilty Gear arcade machine would be better than having TWO MvC2 machines. I mean one is enough!

I just think it's a simple concept that's easy to build on. the object is always to defeat your opponent, but they just think up a new way to do it with each game. I think the games that allow the most different styles of play would be Last Blade 2 and Samurai Shodown 5. I was especially amazed when the Mu No Koitchi gauge was introduced in 5, because that allows for two completely different strategies: bum rush them and rage explode for the kill if you're opponent doesn't pose much of a challenge, or fight it out in a struggle and meditate, so you'll have the upper hand with a large Mu No Koitchi gauge when it finally comes down to the wire. that I think is the latest example that shows how this genre can always evolve and always be fun to play. thus, I love fighting games :(

why do joysticks still exist? :blink:

I LOVE JOYSTICKS!!! errrr......dont get me wrong there :(

asking why joysticks still exist is like asking why arcades still exist. for an old fart like me who enjoyed playing on those things, joysticks still make the authentic arcade experience.

Nowadays I feel awkward using an actual joystick (not the arcade ones, mind you)...Pad just seem natural to me. Could this because of high exposure to game console such as the Playstation 2? :(

I have to get used to a joystick before I play so I usually go to a machine that no one is using and just practice the motions so I get a feel for it. I've been spoiled by controllers but I still don't mind arcade sticks.

Ah yes...which reminds me: MvC2 = the ONLY game America is #1 in, cuz no one else in the world plays that garbage. :lol: Seriously.

statistics shows that Asian arcade gamers (more than likely Chinese) are KOF/SNK nuts and in the US: SF/MVSC/2 gods :D

SF gods? Nope, I wish it were true, but the only fighting game America seriously pays any attention to is MvC2 and to a lesser extent CvS2 (but, again, Japan owns us in that game as well). <--I'm talking about CvS2.

SF gods? That probably goes to Japan (again) -- afterall, the arcades there are just crazy, so alive, while it is DEAD in the U.S.

"Statistics" if you wanna call it that, has repeatedly shown that Japan dominates the U.S. in fighting games. If you look at the past Evolution tournament results, it is always the small handful of Japanese players who travel to California to end up owning the U.S and taking the top spots.

Like I said, MvC2 is the only game America dominates in......because no one else in the world plays it. :lol::lol: Sad.