For Those Who Play Fighting Games

The french is right up there with KOF/SF too. They may always give up, but in fighting games they just own.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The french is right up there with KOF/SF too. They may always give up, but in fighting games they just own.

And I believe quite recently, Daigo travel to Franch to take part in a tourney, only to get beat down by a French player (I think the game was CvS2). :lol: That guy is in a slump or something; apprently he didn't do so well in the recent SBO either.

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

As for the topic...I play 'cause I love good fights...and the spectacle of it all...

We Asian loves fighting games.

There will always be a master in every fighting games at my hometown's arcades.

So, we will always see tournaments-like battles between opponents and we do learn a lot from there.

I have seen 100% combo-hitting ANgel in 2K1, Birdie own over everybody in SFA3,

Goro own KOF2K3 (yes, not DUolon at our place) etc etc.

There is one guy who will be at the arcades, loaded with coins, pratically eat, sleep and breath KOF whenever a new version is released.

Sh--t...I remember back when I lived in houston...there was this place with an arcade in it I used to go to ('cause it was RIGHT THERE) called Fun-Plex...for some time...some idiot that worked in the arcade screwed up the cabinet on the Tekken 4 and the Joysticks were on the RIGHT side of the buttons instead of the LEFT LIKE EVERY FRIGGIN' SANE CABINET ON THE PLANET!!!

Maybe he was trying to make it left-handed. Although, I'm left-handed, and I'd prefer to have the joystick on the left and the buttons on the right, so I dunno.

...although there's this other arcade deep in houston (outskirts of downtown) called "Stargate"...I've been there a couple times and the experience was a decent one (it was 90% fighters)...but they moved into a bigger building just before I left for Chicago...

Stargate normally has pretty good competition. Alot of top players from the state meet there and play.

It sucks, i love fighting games but lately i only play alone, there are no arcades in town and my friends don`t like fighting games. There aren`t any tournaments here, at least not that i have heard of. it sucks, i love fighting games so the only way to play them is solo, yes it sucks but i have no choice.

Practicaly inexistent in Romania arcades, have only shown me bits of

fighting games; emulation introduced me to them, practically! I don't think I'd be very good at KoF2k2 playing on a cabinet! Personally I prefer buttons over joysticks or arcade sticks, and also over gamepads;

My fingers start to hurt when I'm playing on gamepads!

Since competition is practically inexistent in Romania or at least in Constanta, I don't have alot of practice against human opponets!!

Except 3-4 friends of mine who played fighting games, 2 of them said that they lost interest and the others I own at practically every game except at RBFFS(howtheflock I don't understand cuz I own them at RBFF2

and the rest, they kick my ass at RBFFS)

I guess I play fighting games to relax, but when competition is afoot

I play seriosly mad-aggresive style while trying not to be cheap, honor is everything!!!! No other game, even stress relesers can't top the relaxation I get from fighting games!!!

I like the challenge, n i'm good at them. It's a test of yur own ability, n a measure of how good u r.

I have to get used to a joystick before I play so I usually go to a machine that no one is using and just practice the motions so I get a feel for it. I've been spoiled by controllers but I still don't mind arcade sticks.

That reminds me...I dunno about you all, but I've always had a hard time pulling off the QCF x 2 motion when facing right on a joystick...

...and I can't play Project Justice for the life of me on a stick, whereas MVC2 (capcoms stress reliever game) is strictly stick for me...