A Political Cartoon...my Reaction To Recent Events

guys this isn't really going anywhere. what is a small forum of emulation nuts going to do about it?

I've tried to stress this issue a couple of times already. However, seeing as my posts weight close to nothing apparently...."If you can't win, join them".

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? See, that just proves my point: the only connection I can fathom between Malaysia and bin Laden/al Qaeda is the Muslim connection. Well, that's just a disguistingly shameful example of stereotyping - Bush is basically calling Malaysia a terrorist hotspot only because the predominant religion is Islam!

If we are really a terrorist haven, the US Embassy will be the first one we torched down.

Americans, if u all have some sense, just vote out Bush and bring back all the innocent soldiers. U can't really blame the soldiers for doing those horrible torture acts. SOmetimes, pressure and the longing to go home can drove people mad and do unnthinkable acts. THe Vietnam War have a lot of examples to this.

DO you Americans really want another Nam?

Funny you mention the Vietnam War, because this current "War on Terror" has some striking similarities to America's involvement in Vietnam. Of course, this will never be pointed out or discussed in mass media.

guys this isn't really going anywhere. what is a small forum of emulation nuts going to do about it? all this is doing is creating underlying anamosity.

I believe some of the members here were promised a Nobel Peace Prize if *something* came about from this deep insightful thread. :angry::P

What the hell? See, that just proves my point: the only connection I can fathom between Malaysia and bin Laden/al Qaeda is the Muslim connection. Well, that's just a disguistingly shameful example of stereotyping - Bush is basically calling Malaysia a terrorist hotspot only because the predominant religion is Islam!

If we are really a terrorist haven, the US Embassy will be the first one we torched down.

Americans, if u all have some sense, just vote out Bush and bring back all the innocent soldiers. U can't really blame the soldiers for doing those horrible torture acts. SOmetimes, pressure and the longing to go home can drove people mad and do unnthinkable acts. THe Vietnam War have a lot of examples to this.

DO you Americans really want another Nam?

Funny you mention the Vietnam War, because this current "War on Terror" has some striking similarities to America's involvement in Vietnam. Of course, this will never be pointed out or discussed in mass media.

One of our intelligence officers actually got in sh*t recently for comparing Iraq to the Vietnam war. That was mentioned in the news for a while. I think Rumsfeld even came out and backed him up too - but I guess that wasn't reported in the US.

And I thought US is wise enough to avoid the mistakes they make in Vietnam.

ANd history tends to forget the millions of Vietnamese who died during the war.....

ANd history tends to forget the millions of Vietnamese who died during the war.....

Not to mention the monk that lit himself on fire.

Oh man...I saw that dude in my history book...ouch...

You've heard my opinion on Iraq before. And I'm truthfully starting to want the place nuked. It's getting really annoying.

I've heard we're pulling out of there June 30th though, one can only hope.

I doubt it - the US Gov't wants to set up 14 permanent army bases in Iraq!

You probably heard that the American government promised to pull their troops out of Iraq if the government they set up there asks them to. May seem admirable of them - except that the US plan to set up a government in Iraq that will NEVER ask them to leave!

Our Prime Minister recently said he hoped that the Iraq conflict doesn't last as long as the cold war. The cold war lasted 44 years.

Face it, our countries' troops (there are still Australians over there also) are in there for the long haul.

After reading all the views and comments......here is my 2 cents.

I'm Malaysian. So guess what? US put us on a list of dangerous countries with terrorist connections.

Dun come to Malaysia. U get killed there (or the latest trend : u get beheaded there)

Totally bullshit.

Pls provide us the proof before accussing us.

Isn't there some major terrorist organization in Malaysia or is that just in Indonesia? I remember that bombing that killed a whole bunch of Australians but I can't remember if it was Indonesia or Malaysia. Which one is it? I hope one you of knows...

But South East Asia is apparantly becoming a hot spot for terrorism. The 9/11 attacks were originally meant to be a world wide attack including those two towers in Malaysia.

Oh man...I saw that dude in my history book...ouch...

You've heard my opinion on Iraq before. And I'm truthfully starting to want the place nuked. It's getting really annoying.

I've heard we're pulling out of there June 30th though, one can only hope.

Don't you start on that rediculous train of thought! Explain to me why the hell Iraq deserves to be nuked because your government (and a coalition of other armies) invaded them? Oh I'm sorry if you're being annoyed at all the tales of bloodshed and torture and destruction, at the loss of lives on both sides of the war, at the fact that there have been something like double the number of coalition casualties since AFTER the war was officially declared over - that doesn't make you think that maybe this was an unjust war, perhaps!

The more media coverage of this brutal charade of an occupation the better, as the more it becomes clear that this war is a disaster, has nothing to do with terrorism, and that the ongoing military presence in Iraq is a disgrace (and the more proof that I, as well as the thousands of other dissenters, knew what was going to happen from the start (ie that this would be a disaster, would esculate, that Bush's claims that the war was about WMD would turn out to be fake, and that Bush would stop looking for bin Laden because of this stupid war, which, whether you want to believe it was really about US expansionalism, or securing more oil for the US, you cannot deny that Bush and his enron cronies are getting rich off of the suffering of both innocent Iraqi civilians, and our coallition soldiers over in Iraq.

Really, by your logic, it is the US that deserves to be nuked. Now I know you're going to say 'how dare you say that!', but how dare you say Iraq should be nuked? It's exactly the same thing.

PS I'm not saying that America should be nuked, I'm saying that no-one should be nuked.