When Do You Buy Games?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't have to wait since there isn't really a big demand for games here. The closest Gamestop (20 miles away) is pretty nicely stocked with new releases. But then again, I only buy PC games and there aren't that many PC gamers here.

I wait for a year for prices to go down. I really don't care if everyone else is talking about it. I'm not going to pay full price..

Lets take the PS2 for example, 300$

Most games weren't even out that were very good.

They had to wait a few months to get FFX and the price went down by then :huh:

I usually buy my games from a big mall that gives me 15% off... or from a small shop near me that sells used games.

I buy all the cool games almost as soon as they're released.

Edited by Agozer

Depends on the game, if ive been waiting for it, its mine within the week it comes out, if I just want it, I'll probably get it within the month or year.... last game I bought right away was Deus Ex 2 because I had been waiting for that forever

I'd say it depends I hardly ever BUY a game the first week it is out. but when it is something I know is gonna rock I'll preorder it and get it the day it hits the store.

funny thing is the last game I preordered was SFIII:3s for the dreamcast. before that It was the OG SFII for Snes.

the only game I've ever bought right on it's release was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for ps2, but now I regret it cause that game was so damn boring, ah well..I traded it anyways

Depends on the game. If it's a game that I've been watching since it's press release, I might buy it depending on how much info has been mentioned on it to tell if they delievered. Sometimes I just go buy them because I'm a die hard fan of it. I also look for deals on used copies, like Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain!, which I got for 59.99 inseted of 79.99 and GGXX for 49.99 and Shinobi for free. Useally EB or even Blockbuster has sometimes new and used titles for cheap.