For Fun Or To Win?

do you play fighting games to win or to have fun?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

where do you stand?

Me, I play to win. Winning is fun.

to me "playing for fun" is an excuse coachs and parents use to make losing sting less. :ph34r:

losing should sting, that way it motivates you to get better.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aw man, i mean games arent fun unless u play for fun. if u play jus to win, thats kinda defeating the purpose of games haha. winning is fun yes, but the overall thing when we play games is to entertain urself and have a good time. and if u happen to win, which is great....thats more fun for ya. so i guess i play for fun, but if i happen to win, that makes the fun factor even more valuable.

Well, it depends. If your playing on a console at home, against a friend or similar, I play for fun.

On the other hand, if i'm playing at the arcades, i play to win. Sure I also play for fun in the arcades, but losing there, especially to people u don't know, is no fun whatsoever, not to mention, you have to fork out more money to play again. :ph34r:

where do you stand?

to me "playing for fun" is an excuse coachs and parents use to make losing sting less.  :ph34r:

The true spirit of humanity should not be competion, but co-operation. That'd put an end to all wars and stupid conflicts, and usher us into a new world of peace and prosperity. That's why I play for fun (although wiping the floor with my little brother used to be very fun :P )

where do you stand?

to me "playing for fun" is an excuse coachs and parents use to make losing sting less.  :lol:

The true spirit of humanity should not be competion, but co-operation. That'd put an end to all wars and stupid conflicts, and usher us into a new world of peace and prosperity. That's why I play for fun (although wiping the floor with my little brother used to be very fun :lol: )

yeah in a ideal world. but a fighting game is a competition. there has to be a winner and a loser, I'd rather be the winner.

where do you stand?

to me "playing for fun" is an excuse coachs and parents use to make losing sting less.  :lol:

The true spirit of humanity should not be competion, but co-operation. That'd put an end to all wars and stupid conflicts, and usher us into a new world of peace and prosperity. That's why I play for fun (although wiping the floor with my little brother used to be very fun :lol: )

yeah in a ideal world. but a fighting game is a competition. there has to be a winner and a loser, I'd rather be the winner.

I second that.

All battles are practice. Depends on who I'm playing, the dude is being a dick, I'll pee-own him 3 times over and kick him in the shin. And I've done that too. Training against the Computer is lame, because you start remembering their patterns, it's always fun playing against humans because you can catch certain patterns they do and counter them with the most effective burst out.

Playing is competitive, and it is really cool being the winner, but you have to draw the line sometimes, because all in all, they are just games. That's why I just play for fun. I used to be so competitive, and get so worked up when I lost (which was often :lol: ). Now I play more for fun. And I don't loose as much!

They are competitive games, but fun is at their heart, not competition. People who are excessively competitive on games kill the game rather than make it more attractive. Look at all the wankers who play online, for instance. :lol:

It depends who I am playing. If I know I can wipe the floor with the person, then its for fun.

But if its against one of my friends that spews out sooooo much $hit out of his mouth that it seems like he is the N.Y. Sewer System right before a match, then its for competition.

Anon.

As already mentioned: winning = fun, but probably the most important thing is to continously learn and improve.

If I wanted to play a game for just "fun" and *without* the competition involved, I wouldn't play a fighting game. Otherwise, it kinda defeats the purpose and nature of a fighting game.