Sega's Big E3 Annoucement!

Wizard

"The announcement on May 12th at 10:00am PST will send shockwaves throughout the industry and will be an unprecedented first in the gaming market. Sega intends to form an alliance with a major console maker and co-develop the next generation console with them. In turn, all Sega games will be exclusive to that console and the Sega brand will be affixed to the front of the console much like a "Dolby Digital" logo. Yes, Sega is becoming a brand identification.

So no Dreamcast 2, No Alex Kidd Gamecube, No BS.

Cheers.

SegaInformant"

This was posted over at Xbox World....by a very reliable source....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The announcement on May 12th at 10:00am PST will send shockwaves throughout the industry and will be an unprecedented first in the gaming market. Sega intends to form an alliance with a major console maker and co-develop the next generation console with them. In turn, all Sega games will be exclusive to that console and the Sega brand will be affixed to the front of the console much like a "Dolby Digital" logo. Yes, Sega is becoming a brand identification.

Cheers.

SegaInformant"

People were speculating that at mmcafe. So if it isn't hardware news (I.E. another arcade board then Naomi 2), nor console. It's 1) Sega baught someone 2) Someone Merged with Sega (Technically Sammy and Sega aren't merged together, they just use the share resources) or 3) Exclusively develope for a system.

Cheers.

SegaInformant"

People were speculating that at mmcafe. So if it isn't hardware news (I.E. another arcade board then Naomi 2), nor console. It's 1) Sega baught someone 2) Someone Merged with Sega (Technically Sammy and Sega aren't merged together, they just use the share resources) or 3) Exclusively develope for a system.

They just might merge with nintendo cuz sega an nintendo were rivals in the beginning and now that sony and xbox have been buying them out it would be like the only way that either company will be able to make any real money. Plus they both make a bunch of adventure games and sega makes a couple of fighting games so that could place them so where in the next console race.

Edited by Cominus

Cheers.

SegaInformant"

They just might merge with nintendo cuz sega an nintendo were rivals in the beginning and now that sony and xbox have been buying them out it would be like the only way that either company will be able to make any real money. Plus they both make a bunch of adventure games and sega makes a couple of fighting games so that could place them so where in the next console race.

I wouldn't think it would be Nintendo. I would say Microsoft because Sega has been a big support in Japan for the system.

here is something I was thinking of earlier, it could have something to do with the HK Treamcast. portable dreamcast bootleg. I heard a while back that sega was in talks with the manufacturers. :ph34r:

i really hope its Shenmue 3. They need to at least put an ending to the series and not leave us hanging. Shenmue is a great series. It makes me laugh when someone said True Crimes was actually a good game. The GTA idea is always fun but True Crimes had such awkward controls and so many graphical problems that it's pretty easy to see that it wasn't a polished game. I've played the import Shenmue 2 series for DC twice and Shenmue 2 for Xbox about 4 times. It is such a great story game that combines action/RPG elements nicely. It would be nice if Sega got back into the Console battle but I highly doubt it. Sony and M$ are now the big dogs in the yard. I hope this announcement is worth waiting for.