What The Bloody Hell?

Riot.EXE

...Kingdom Hearts is beating Soul Calibur on Gamefaqs.com for their "Best Game. Ever" contest...there's no way in Fizzneeucking hell Kingdom Hearts should win this round...

Dude, have you ever played Kingdom Hearts? I'm all up for fighters but choosing between these two games is like choosing the exact same bread to me.

Side notes: I adore both games. Square made Micky Mouse badass!

seriously, there is more to do with that game than soul calibur

:D:):rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great playability? You can't even run for God sakes, there are no special block techniques like parrying or just defence, not even a cancelling technique like in GG.

Can you air dash? No, can you do specials? No no. Is the animations as great? Hell *!$*#*% no.

How dare you compare the first Final Fantasy to FF7. FF1 Story is nothing compared to 7. The hero's in the original nes games doesn't even have official names. How can you compare the depth of the story when the characters themselves don't even have profiles? Battle system? What? FF1 doesn't have a proper magic system? Oh I see. I can also believe that FF1 graphics roxxers. (,y @$$)

Sorry, you aren't making any ground breaking points in this debate. You can step down now.

A game doesn't need a whole bunch of extra frills like running and crap to make it better. A game is better when you have more fun playing it. My friends and I still have way more fun plugging in the SNES and beating each other senseless with Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Sure Guilty Gear X is fun, but it doesn't compare to the amount of fun we have when playing SF2T. And when you get right down to it, that's what a game is supposed to do. It's probably just the nostalgia but I wouldn't give up that fun to play GGX.

And I'd rather play FF5 and FF6 than FF7. Those 2 games were hardcore and PSX release of FF5 was just great.

But then again, we're really old school. Sure SF2 isn't the best game ever (but it ranks way up there), I never said it was. I just said it shouldn't have lost to SMRPG. No need to get all flamey about this. There's more to life than video games... :D

Hmm, interesting.

Great playability? You can't even run for God sakes, there are no special block techniques like parrying or just defence, not even a cancelling technique like in GG.

Can you air dash? No, can you do specials? No no. Is the animations as great? Hell *!$*#*% no.

This is SF2, not DBZ. So, your wrong. It shows that you didn't read my post as well as you though. You can do specials, blocking techniques were basic, ala FF.

Let me quote my self "SF2 was known for its great playablity, control and detailed (note: low-resolution) and interesting characters"

See that line with "was?"

Yes there, look, I'll show you again. "SF2 was known for its great playablity, control and detailed (note: low-resolution) and interesting characters"

WAS! YES! I said "was" because it was KNOWN to be the best.. You blind fsck.

Exactly, If you want me to compare system mechanics, trust me, you don't know how deep I can go between each game. But since you won't listen to my words, I'm typing it up anyways.

Street Fighter 2 was revolutionairy, it's detailed graphics at 320x230 running on CPS2, those to rival a Neo-Geo system. The controls were excellent, everything was responsive and characters were original at the time. After countless updates and tweaking (I'm saving the trouble of typing out a whole fscking series of compairsons betweem each and every single SF2 game to GG). SF2turbo was granted as the best version of SF2. Why? Faster gameplay (to rival, guess who? SNK's Fatal Fury series), more possible combos, character balancing and design.

SF2 had simple walking back and forward, and was highly accliamed as a tournement worthy game. It's fast paced engine and combos were limitless. Matches between players were and still are amazing to this day for a game thats 12 years old. The engine still impresses those today who didn't know such an old game could be tournement worthy. Sure there isn't move cancaling as there is today in almost all fighting games these days. But you still want me to continue into getting into the systems, then I shall.

Street Fighter 2's game system which complies as 6 buttons of various strength of punches and kicks made gameplay albit better on controlling your attacks and speeds of the attacks. The super bar at the bottom would build up as you attacked your oppodent with simple attacks or a combination of attacks known as combos. There was not a short hand of top tier characters either, almost the whole roster was considered "top tier." Which made it very worthy of being a competive game.

Running? It's a fscking 12 year old game DUDE! IT'S SIMPLE COMPARED TO GG.

Animations? What you say? Animations were bullshit? Beg to differ, from a technical view, the animations were flawless, straight forward, and perfect. And running at a lower resolution I might say, which is pretty game good. WANT TO KNOW WHAT ELSE? SNK'S NEO-GEO GAMES RUN AT LOWER RESOLUTIONS TOO! AND THE GRAPHICS ARE JUST AS GOOD AS A FSCKING ATOMISWAVE PLAYING GGXX!

Now Guilty Gear. Introduced in 1998 on the PS1 also a worthy game to play against players. Now, what was in it? Ground Air/Dashing. Everything else is what we've seen before. What was new besides dashing? Nothing. Nothing else, but dashing. Now to bring up other points

4 Buttons = Punch Kick Slash Hard Slash

Chaos Bar = Special Bar

Fukki = Breaking fall

These 4 buttons are based on which game? Samurai Spirits. Sammy was founded by the same people who made Samurai Spirits series for the Neo-Geo. You can see their elements in this game. Highly original Sammy. Stealing and taking your own button set up. The slashing for controlling your weapon's attack and those hand to hand moves to close encoutners. You are limited to what to do.

Chaos Bar is basically just a diffrent name for "Special Bar" or Power Gauge. No argument.

Fukki, otherly known as Fall breaker that SNK has been using in KOF since 98.

Now what I say to you is. What else am I missing? What? What? What?

Air dashing! Why over course, your beloveded dashing, hey buddy, have you played Fatal Fury? yeah dude, its there, same year as SF2 came out too.

Animations? The animations in Guilty Gear were and are medicore at best. They also ran at a higher resolution to give an illiusion feel of high-quality, and highly detailed characters and background. Which is a "short cut" and not using any system to its full potential.

The character tiers in GG/X/XX are Millia, Dizzy, Faust, Johnny, Bridget, I-no, Chipp, Baikan and Sol. Now compared to SF2, GG/X/XX is ridden with many, many flaws in gameplay. From dust loops to infinities, which is like MVC/MVC2. (Which most of them were fixed in #Reload)

How dare you compare the first Final Fantasy to FF7. FF1 Story is nothing compared to 7. The hero's in the original nes games doesn't even have official names. How can you compare the depth of the story when the characters themselves don't even have profiles? Battle system? What? FF1 doesn't have a proper magic system? Oh I see. I can also believe that FF1 graphics roxxers. (,y @$$)

Ok, I compared them. FF7 as I said, HAS A MORE DEEP PLOT LINE THEN FF1. I SAID IT MY SELF, CAN'T YOU READ?

FF1 HAS story like FF7, FF7 just went into highly developed plot as oppose to Final Fantasy 1
SEE! SEE IT THERE? CAN YOU, blind fool, I said it my self yet you say it.

Battle system? The best battle system was the Job system from Final Fantasy Tactics, which is highly underrated. There is no doubt that 7's Meteria system is very flexable but also leads to troublesome problems at times of need. Basis is basis, Final Fantasy 1 was ground breaking and overall, the most memorable Final Fantasy game next to 7. But you don't know that "generation" because you simple moved on and forgot about it. You say people are stuck in the past? It's because today's games are simple, adhear no challange what so ever and are filled with bugs and problems because they are not polished enough.

Those that define "Hardcore Gamer," are the ones who still respect and play these classic games to remeber when there was a time when it was actually fun to play.

Not only does it prove your stupidity, it just even makes your stand about SF2 being a great game ever worse!
You have made a mistake, I didn't say SF2 was the greatest game ever. I just pointed out facts that you don't want to accept.

And just to annoy you and you alone

FF1 > FF7

Now you should read up on your history and do your homework properly before arguing with me. Now, how dare you to say that my statments are not correct and say that I'm wrong. You're whole outlook on this converstaion as of now is to stay hate to SF2 because you do not want to go back to your roots.

Edited by K`dash

You want this topic closed? Stop flaming each other :D

FF7 > FF1

FF games > All of you

ALl of you < Mr.Ban

Fighting games will hardly ever make it past strategies and Rpgs. Enough said.

Yawnnnn, you were saying something?

Anyway, I was done saying my part disoblige, I didn't know what dash boy said but it doesn't really matter.

ill take you on in kof2k2, but, you won't be pretty afterwards. Disregard that if you aren't.

Well, theres nothing wrong with pointing out an opinion. Even though you cannot accept it.

Edited by K`dash

I pwn u both at kof2k2 with screwed up controls.....

Hehe I gotta go work now

haha sweet! Get on irc and lets battle!

edit: YOU AND YOUR DAMN WORK!

Edited by K`dash

So you compare SF2 to Guilty Gear? Hahahhah, wow your smart. Final Fantasy 7 not as good as FF1 for the nes? Dear God plz spare me.

I'll challange it.

SF2 was known for its great playablity, control and detailed (note: low-resolution) and interesting characters. GG is known for its great playablity, controls, detailed (note: 620x400 resolution, which gives the illusion of highly detailed characters) and interesting characters.

There I just compared SF2 to Guilty Gear. What do you know, same exact points on why they are BOTH still popular! Exactly.

Final Fantasy 1 is longer then Final Fantasy 7. FF1 HAS story like FF7, FF7 just went into highly developed plot as oppose to Final Fantasy 1, which is MUCH HARDER then Final Fantasy 7 - note: hard difficluty may be well, hard, but it's also much funner. In 7 team work with your characters in definate. In 1, it goes either way, Solo BM or full party of BM's or mixed classes. Both are great games, accliamed for giving notations to what RPGs are today and for Squaresoft, they were both "Make or Break" games.

There I compared it. Now you can say your stupid rant on why I shouldn't compare them.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

Thats the funniest thing i've ever read!

Not only does it prove your stupidity, it just even makes your stand about SF2 being a great game ever worse!

Sorry, you aren't making any ground breaking points in this debate. You can step down now.

WTF? You're hating on the comparison of a game that came out like 1992 and 1998, thats flockig 6 years of upgrading and shjit! You CS! Of course gg is going to have more stuff, hello!!! 6 years of upgrading and crap, you know where we'd be in 6 years? Playstion flocking 3 and next box xbox!, You're jus a spammer. Well thats my 50 cents, go shorty it's b-day....

This comparision things has gone way out of hand...I'm seriously old-school when it comes to games, but I don't hate modern games because of it.

NeoMaster's bashing of SF2 was uncalled for as well as K`dash's bashing of GGXX...but that's just my opinion. People have the right for opinions, but I'd hope that you would take other's opinions into consideration as well. A mere back and white view of how games should be won't cut it and is heavily biased. Shame on you all.

Edited by Agozer