Your Thoughts On Banner/tower Ads

Alpha

Were going to need to help gain some money for 1Emulation. I either have to upgrade my hosting plan or get another server for some new stuff we'll be having for 1Emulation v3.0. Things are going to change, I guarentee we'll be the #1 Emulation Site come the end of this year or at least I hope so. If you already think we are, that's even better.

Most likely if we go ahead and go with the banner/tower ads, there will be a banner right above where it above where it shows this (nav.gif 1Emulation.Com) and maybe below the forum, I am not sure about that.

The tower ad will most likely be below the main menu and that's about it. There will be NO POPUPs. I'll try to makesure of that since I am a big haters fan of popups.

The only way to stop this from happening is to..

1) Donate

http://1emulation.com/donate.html

2) Buy a Product of Ours

http://shop.1emulation.com

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts about this or suggestions you may have.

Thank You. :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say go right ahead. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep this site around and make it number one. This is already number one for me, but some ads won't change a thing. I'm sure most of us are immune and desensitized to banner ads.

Anything to keep 1emulation around, besides pop ups ofcourse. Hell, I would send you $20 if I could just mail it to you in an envelope since I don't have a real bank account to do the electronic things.

GameCop, I have no objection to you putting banners on this site. They might even spruce up the site a bit. :lol:

What kinda banners are they gonna be? Are they going to be the kind where visitors will need to click to actually get funds, or will you get funds by just having them on your site? If they're the later, I won't mind. I'll just add the ad servers to my HOSTS file. :D If that doesn't work, I'll just use Proximitron. :(

I think it's a shame, but necessary. This website is currently the biggest ad-free site I know of (ie with the most content), so I agree when people say we're desensitised to web-ads. Most people won't notice them after a while. Plus my combination of SpySweeper and NIS blocks most of the ads on the internet :spam:

We'll all understand, that the money has to come from somewhere. Only thing though, are they going to be nice tasteful google-style text ads, or those annoying bastards that bounce around telling you pointless things like "your computer clock may be wrong"?

A banner ad at the BOTTOM of pages is ok. At the top = YUCK, and tower ads = Who the hell are you? Tim? This isn't Arcade@home :spam:

Pleeeeasse for the love of god, no tower ads.

Oh and how about going about generating some funding in the way some other sites do?

Have people donate, and then draw names for 1 person to win a T-shirt or something?