Test Radio Station

N3oGhost

Enjoy the radio everyone. I think we'll have it all hooked up with the server soon. There will be one drawback..it's going to have to be 100% legal music since I can get fined since I have the radio. I'll take a bit more look into it though.

PS: In about 2 months, ShibaTheDog will also have a radio station. So we can put them together.

does japanese musik thats not licensed to be distributed in the u.s count as illegal?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the radio everyone. I think we'll have it all hooked up with the server soon. There will be one drawback..it's going to have to be 100% legal music since I can get fined since I have the radio. I'll take a bit more look into it though.

PS: In about 2 months, ShibaTheDog will also have a radio station. So we can put them together.

does japanese musik thats not licensed to be distributed in the u.s count as illegal?

You might have to do some research on that since I dunno. :lol:

How can anyone tell if its legal or illegal music? Most of my music is ripped from CDs either my friends or I own.

And props on the station. The quality isn't that bad, I was expecting it to suck but its quite good. :-D

How come your not listening then? :lol:

I'm not in a techno mood right now. :-D

When I get my broadband connection, do you think I could DJ? I have a crap load of legal music.

You might have to do some research on that since I dunno. :lol:

ah well..nm then, a copyright is a copyright

Can't you just put a disclaimer in the front page of the radio player saying you can't listen to the song unless you own the original CD (a-la certain websites we'd all know, although the message is for a different medium of entertainment :lol: )?

People...

THE SERVER ISN'T GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE!!!

It's the people who have the content on the HD (Me, K' Dash, and N3o). GameCop, the WORST they could do is give you a "Cease and Desist" letter. THAT'S IT!!! If they go after any of us, me and N3o could just say that it all comes from K' Dashes comp.; and they can't do $hit even then, cus K' lives in Canada!!!

So, don't fret GameCop. 1emuStation is safe. :lol:

Anon.

Could you use this shoutcast technology to create an online version of a call-in show? That'd be so cool, you could have topics for discussion, like "Would you rather play the millionth Star Wars game or Sam & Max 2?" or "hot topic: what's the best arcade emulator?"

So who's volunteering to be the next David Letterman (or will it be more like Jerry Springer)?

Could you use this shoutcast technology to create an online version of a call-in show? That'd be so cool, you could have topics for discussion, like "Would you rather play the millionth Star Wars game or Sam & Max 2?" or "hot topic: what's the best arcade emulator?"

So who's volunteering to be the next David Letterman (or will it be more like Jerry Springer)?

I don't think you can, but..I know a way to do that. And I had that idea a long time ago.

Hence...

http://www.geocities.com/mz1pw/emulforumsbroadcast5.gif

People...

THE SERVER ISN'T GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE!!!

It's the people who have the content on the HD (Me, K' Dash, and N3o). GameCop, the WORST they could do is give you a "Cease and Desist" letter. THAT'S IT!!! If they go after any of us, me and N3o could just say that it all comes from K' Dashes comp.; and they can't do $hit even then, cus K' lives in Canada!!!

So, don't fret GameCop. 1emuStation is safe. :-D

Anon.

I am going to have to talk to Miskie about that since he is going to install shoutcast on the server soon. :lol: