Computer Upgrades!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Intel has finally realized that having the highest clock frequence means jackshit and are dumbing the MHZ naming scheme. They are going to adopt an AMD naming plan.

And I love it when people think that the AMD64 3400+ actually runs at 3.4 Ghz...hahahaha. n00bs hanginl

But it is amazing how AMD can do just as well as the Intel processors with less clock frequency. Processor technology just amazes me.

Now lets hope that AMDs partnership with IBM will let them finally put a dent in Intel's cred.

Intel has finally realized that having the highest clock frequence means jackshit and are dumbing the MHZ naming scheme. They are going to adopt an AMD naming plan.

And I love it when people think that the AMD64 3400+ actually runs at 3.4 Ghz...hahahaha. n00bs  :P

But it is amazing how AMD can do just as well as the Intel processors with less clock frequency. Processor technology just amazes me.

Now lets hope that AMDs partnership with IBM will let them finally put a dent in Intel's cred.

Yeah but I don't know about this new naming thing...I mean I'm sure Athlon processors are supposedly faster than non-athlon processors, but would a 3400 actually run as fast as a 3.4 gig machine? Probably not, and yet they still call it a 3400, obviously because they're trying to trick people into thinking their processors are faster than they are.

well amd to me fell off since the days they owned p3's butt. p4 has been a cpu thats been getting better and better and memory serves me right p4 extreme 3.2 (aka xeon) beats the amd64 cpu in a few benchmarks and this is without overclocking (tomshardware.com and an article in pc magazine is where a seen the benchmarks)

also there isn't much use for a 64 based cpu right now unless you wanna run a 64 version of xp pro. i would rather wait and see and stick to what you got now (which isn't bad i might say).

And I love it when people think that the AMD64 3400+ actually runs at 3.4 Ghz...hahahaha. n00bs  :lol:

Yeah but I don't know about this new naming thing...I mean I'm sure Athlon processors are supposedly faster than non-athlon processors, but would a 3400 actually run as fast as a 3.4 gig machine? Probably not, and yet they still call it a 3400, obviously because they're trying to trick people into thinking their processors are faster than they are.

Yes the 3400+ does run as fast as an Intel 3.4ghz processor..because AMD uses shorter pipelines, which means the data only has to travel a fraction of the distance, which makes the processor outperform a faster Intel processor, which use longer pipelines.

darn.. this should have been posted a few days ago, i just building my own pc with an intel p4 motherboard and 2.8ghz proccessor with 512 ddram. i have always heard about amd and how they owned intel once but i´ve never thought that it was that good, but most people told me to buy pentium instead of amd, i hope i did the right thing.

Edited by lancerx

darn.. this should have been posted a few days ago, i just building my own pc with an intel p4 motherboard and 2.8ghz proccessor with 512 ddram. i have always heard about amd and how they owned intel once but i´ve never thought that it was that good, but most people told me to buy pentium instead of amd, i hope i did the right thing.

Intel is still good but AMD CPU's just have that extra performance advantage

Here's how most of the benchmarks break down with these latest processors.

The Intels have a slight advantage in content creation like video encoding and stuff like that.

But the AMDs have a slight advantage in games.

And when I say slight, I mean slight. You'll probably not notice it so just get the cheapest one, which is usually AMD.

AMD is the enthusist's choice amongest all other Company's. They function just as well as an Intel system.